Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to bring Windows mapped drive in linux wine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How to bring Windows mapped drive in linux wine

Issue #2: Unfortunately, I won't be able to help here as I don't have any experience with this kind of setup. It might be helpful to start a new thread specific to the issue of getting the dongle to work in Ubuntu.

Issue #4:
    Try a script like this (make sure to set it executable):
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd "/home/intelmac01/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NewTek/LightWave11.02/bin"
    wine RENDER_NODE_03_11.02.bat

Beans

Cool Re: How to bring Windows mapped drive in linux wine

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    Issue #2: Unfortunately, I won't be able to help here as I don't have any experience with this kind of setup. It might be helpful to start a new thread specific to the issue of getting the dongle to work in Ubuntu.

Issue #4:
    Try a script like this (make sure to set it executable):
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    wine RENDER_NODE_03_11.02.bat
    I've tried several different things to start up this .bat but it didn't work. What ever you google there is no command out there that works.
    How would you normally run for example an .exe from the terminal? should almost be the same as a .bat no?

Anyway the mapped drive issue is solved... So I'll try the open issues in an other thread.
    Thanks for helping me out. You have solved already a great deal of my Linux nightmares

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I've tried several different things to start up this .bat but it didn't work. What ever you google there is no command out there that works.
    How would you normally run for example an .exe from the terminal? should almost be the same as a .bat no?
    Try this instead:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    wine cmd /c RENDER_NODE_03_11.02.bat

Beans

Strange, it doesn't work either.
    Even if I just try the next thing in Ubuntu Terminal:
    Code:
    wine cmd /c
    In the Ubuntu terminal it can't start up the Windows Terminal.
    So in the script it goes wrong at the point where you need to start-up the windows terminal ( wine cmd ).
    This is what I get in return:
    Code:
    intelmac01@intelmac01-MacPro:~$ wine cmd /c
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\hasplms.exe"
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"hasplms" failed to start: 2
    intelmac01@intelmac01-MacPro:~$ fixme:wtsapi:WTSQuerySessionInformationA Stub (nil) 0xffffffff 4 0x33e04c 0x33e040

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

How about this one:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    wine cmd /c "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.02\bin\RENDER_NODE_03_11.02.bat"
    ..I tested this with a dummy script to start up explorer from a bat file and it worked.

Beans

That one didn't work either

I found a way to execute the .bat, I've just put the content of the .bat file inside the script just behind the "wine cmd /c":
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 2s
    echo Start LW3D11.02 RenderNode 02
    wine cmd /c "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.02\bin\lwsn.exe -2 -dY:\ -cV:\Lightwave11.02\Config\LW11-64.CFG V:\Lightwave11.02\Command\job2 V:\Lightwave11.02\Command\ack2"
    When I double click the script it asked me "Run in Terminal, Display Cancel or Run", when I click "Run in Terminal". It then runs the rendernode inside the Ubuntu terminal ( instead of the windows terminal ). But apparently this works. I just did some test renders and it seems to work fine like this.

I then nested the script into another script ( because it didn't "Run in Terminal at Start-Up ):
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 2s
    echo Start LW3D11.02 RenderNode 02
    gnome-terminal -e /home/intelmac01/AutoRunApp/LWRenderNode02.sh
    Now everything Runs automatic when booting the machine. If I find the HASP Dongle problem than all issues are fixed.

Tanks Toz for your input, it has helped me a lot.
    Last edited by Carlo Jongen; December 30th, 2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Found the problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12