Thread: I5-760 / P55M-GD45 / HD5770 / No picture or post

Beans

I5-760 / P55M-GD45 / HD5770 / No picture or post

No picture after taking apart the build and clearing it from dust with air duster

i5-760

2x2GB DDR3

ASUS HD5770

LC-Power 650W PSU

No picture after taking these steps

* Tried different RAM sockets with 3 different sticks
    * Check CPU / attach stock cooler better
    * 2 monitors / VGA/HDMI/DVI outputs
    * Resetting CMOS with pins and shorting the battery
    * Breadboarding the setup atm

Will power on (won't POST though...) Fans spin, HDD powers up, gpu powers

also no signal to keyboard nor mouse

Beans

Re: I5-760 / P55M-GD45 / HD5770 / No picture or post

Remove and re-seat the CPU. Make sure it's locked in place (there should be a locking screw - I haven't built anything with socket 1156).

Also check the power supply connections carefully - make sure everything that's supposed to be plugged into the motherboard is plugged in, securely.

Motherboards, obviously, are fragile. It's remotely possible to ESD (Electrostatic Discharge and ruin) anything on the board with a static charge. While I've been lucky when handling these types of components without a ground strap, I always realize I'm taking a chance.

Beans

Re: I5-760 / P55M-GD45 / HD5770 / No picture or post

Quote Originally Posted by ahallubuntu View Post
    Remove and re-seat the CPU. Make sure it's locked in place (there should be a locking screw - I haven't built anything with socket 1156).

Also check the power supply connections carefully - make sure everything that's supposed to be plugged into the motherboard is plugged in, securely.

Motherboards, obviously, are fragile. It's remotely possible to ESD (Electrostatic Discharge and ruin) anything on the board with a static charge. While I've been lucky when handling these types of components without a ground strap, I always realize I'm taking a chance.

Tried re-seating, no luck got 4 builds done with 1156
    PSU is connected with 24pin and 4pin to mobo