Hello all,

I have been having some problems with an installation on Ubuntu 1104, and I am wondering if it might be due to my being semi-new to Linux/Ubuntu.

I have been using the KVM virtualisation tool by installing it using the apt-get package management tool. I also am able to use the libvirt virtualisation management tool by installing it using apt-get.

The problem is when I do a from source install of KVM (having made a couple of changes to it). Despite the fact that KVM works, if I then install libvirt, it does not work. I get the message " ERROR Host does not support any virtualisation options".

This happens even when I install the exact same version of KVM that is installed from apt-get. I am a bit naive about the Linux/Ubuntu installation process. What I am wondering is, is there a difference between the installation process which explains this?

Is there anything I can try different (do I need to do some configuration or something?), because I really cannot understand what is wrong but also have a feeling its related to installation and that it could be a very valuable lesson if I understand what the problem is.