Thread: Booting up

Beans

Exclamation Booting up

Hi folks,
    Today, I started up my PC, as always. And pretty much out of nowhere, I got a bootloop. As matter of fact, I have been hackintoshing, so I booted my computer with iBoot and GParted, and it seems to be that my BURG/boot-part-of-my-disk is corrupt: for some reason, it setted my OSX partition as active, which is currently out of order, and when I tried to start my Ubuntu using VMWare Workstation (by directly starting the partition), it gave a fatal error in the CPU and restarted. This is probably what happened when I tried to start my PC.
    Problem is now that I can't fix my BURG as long as my Ubuntu won't start, and I don't know what to do right now. Any suggestions?
    PS. My partition list:

1. OEM partition from Windows 7 containing the MBR(how can I get rid of it?)
    2. Windows 7
    3. A NTFS data partition, used by my parents as a backup for stuff...
    4. Extended Partition:
    4a. Mac OS X 10.7
    4b. Linux Ubuntu x64 (containing BURG)
    4c. A FAT32 partition to exchange files between systems
    4d. Swap

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Booting up

Thread closed.

When you joined the forum you agreed to the code of conduct.

Hackintosh/Apple EULA violation.
    We do not support circumventing TOS, EULA, etc here. Such threads will be closed and offending users will be penalized with infractions and warnings.

For more information, please see the forum policy:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy.

If you believe this was made in error, please post in the Resolution Center, which you can find in the previous link.
    For info on UEFI boot install & repair:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to close thread when/if answered completely.