Thread: VisualGDB Equivilent

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

VisualGDB Equivilent

I've got a Ubuntu Server (normally used for development / testing PHP, SOAP/WSDL ) web applications.

I'm looking at trying my hands at some c/C++ to build / run on this system, but it's a headless system.

I found via searching an tool called VisualGDB that interfaces with MS visual studio (That I've got on my Windows box), but I'm not able to find if their is an equivalent free version.

Is their a way to use Visual studio for development (Used to the environment & works well for me) of Linux apps, so I can code/ build on my windows box, then send it to the Ubuntu box ?

Or do I have to just use Studio for Codeing only, then via shared folders and an SSH terminal compile on the Ubuntu box?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: VisualGDB Equivilent

If I were you I'd look into cygwin - I believe that will compile for Linux from inside Windows. I used to use a program that would output exe, linux, and mac files kind of like what REALBasic does - I can't remember what it was called.

Hope that helps a bit. Otherwise learn python, it's quick, easy, and cross-platform as is.
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11