Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to delete ubuntu?

Beans

Question How to delete ubuntu?

Hi,

i recently bought my toshiba notebook without OS. And i only installed ubuntu 12.04, now i want to completely remove ubuntu from my notebook. like the day he went out from factory. without any of ubuntu files on hdd.

Please dont aks me why, i love ubuntu and i will keep using it, i just need to do that.

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How to delete ubuntu?

If you installed Ubuntu with a CD or USB Live version you can boot to that, open GParted and choose the partitions you wish to delete(depending on your install it may be one partition or several-root,home,SwAP could be separate or one) and then right click those partitions and choose delete. This is not a secure delete though, for that you would need to burn a copy of Darik Boot and Nuke (http://www.dban.org/) and boot to that and securely delete Ubuntu partitions.
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans
    Distro

Beware if you have a Dual boot with Windows above direction will lead to problems only follow if Ubuntu is only OS on system
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFreak View Post
    If you installed Ubuntu with a CD or USB Live version you can boot to that, open GParted and choose the partitions you wish to delete(depending on your install it may be one partition or several-root,home,SwAP could be separate or one) and then right click those partitions and choose delete. This is not a secure delete though, for that you would need to burn a copy of Darik Boot and Nuke (http://www.dban.org/) and boot to that and securely delete Ubuntu partitions.

i dont get it, why it's not secure... And is there any better guide step by step for some secure complete uninstall?

Can you explain me what i have to do?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFreak View Post
    Beware if you have a Dual boot with Windows above direction will lead to problems only follow if Ubuntu is only OS on system
    ubuntu is my only os on system

Beans
    Distro

By secure delete, I mean that it is possible that files could be recovered by someone later. Thne way to avoid this is through overwriting the files you delete. That is why I suggested Darik Boot and Nuke
    I would recommend it if you have any sensitive information on your hard drive such as financial records

Beans

Question ubuntu unninstal

Hi,

i recently bought my toshiba notebook without OS. And i only installed ubuntu 12.04, now i want to completely remove ubuntu from my notebook. like the day he went out from factory. without any of ubuntu files on hdd.

Please dont aks me why, i love ubuntu and i will keep using it, i just need to do that.

Thank you

p.s. I dont have any other OS on my notebook.... only ubuntu

p.s.s and after that because i have 500gb hdd, i want to install windows 7 first on 300gb partition and on the rest ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Threads merged.

Beans

did you install only ubuntu? or any other OS is there in dual boot?
    IF DUAL BOOT IS THERE..u have to be very careful..
    http://www.sitepoint.com/ubuntu-12-0...n-a-hard-disk/

google this "using gparted to partition a hard disk ubuntu" there are so many tutorials.Hope this helps

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by srikanthganta View Post
    did you install only ubuntu? or any other OS is there in dual boot?
    IF DUAL BOOT IS THERE..u have to be very careful..
    http://www.sitepoint.com/ubuntu-12-0...n-a-hard-disk/

google this "using gparted to partition a hard disk ubuntu" there are so many tutorials.Hope this helps

read the post, i dont have dual boot. I only have ubuntu on my notebook, my notebook don't even know what is windows xD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast