Thread: DSL won't detect mouse after a few seconds in virtual box

Beans

DSL won't detect mouse after a few seconds in virtual box

As i said Damn small Linux (VM) will not pick up the mouse after being used for like 5 seconds please help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: DSL won't detect mouse after a few seconds in virtual box

Does it ever pick up the mouse after those 5 seconds? I don't know DSL very well, but do they have VirtualBox Additions in their repositories?

Beans

Try a different distro---DSL uses an incredibly outdated 2.4 kernel and is not on the list of supported VirtualBox guests: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Guest_OSes

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by snowpine View Post
    Try a different distro---DSL uses an incredibly outdated 2.4 kernel and is not on the list of supported VirtualBox guests: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Guest_OSes
    i have tried but i have only got virtual box working with DSL even fedora won't work

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mythic97 View Post
    i have tried but i have only got virtual box working with DSL even fedora won't work
    Have you tried Ubuntu? That is the distribution you will probably get the most help with here on these forums. You'll have to provide more hardware & software details if you want any meaningful help, though. I looked at your Fedora thread and there weren't any details, that's probably why nobody was able to assist you.
    Last edited by snowpine; December 24th, 2012 at 05:11 PM.