Thread: How re-mapping gnome-terminal shortcut keys

Beans

Angry How re-mapping gnome-terminal shortcut keys

According to the Gnome-Termianl Usage, I found that ctrl+shift+up/down can scroll up/down a line in the terminal.
    Now, I want to re-maping the shortcut key, just like: alt+j/k to scroll up/down a line, that's the old habit of vimer. I tried searching the settings in Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts of Terminal, but found nothing.
    And, the keybindings still cannot be found at ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-terminal/ also.

I've tried to find the information about readline ($ bind -p), only terminal character shortcuts and command were found (like: C-d: delete a char, C-a: at the beginning of command , etc...), the scroll command still cannot be found.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

---------------------
    The information of my computer is :
    $ cat /etc/issue Ubuntu 12.10 \n \l
    By the way, I'v used AutoHotKey to re-map the shortcuts in Windwos OS.
    Last edited by woainvzu; December 24th, 2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Add the information of my os.

Beans

Re: How re-mapping gnome-terminal shortcut keys

Hi,

No one knows how to do it?

Beans

When you have the Keyboard Shortcuts pop-up open and you see the current shortcuts, simply click on the shortcut key for the action you want to change, then enter the new shortcut, ie if you want to change the Close Window action to CTRL E, just click on the current shortcut and push those two keys and the shortcut will be set to that combination.

Hope that helps.

BH

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by butt head View Post
    When you have the Keyboard Shortcuts pop-up open and you see the current shortcuts, simply click on the shortcut key for the action you want to change, then enter the new shortcut, ie if you want to change the Close Window action to CTRL E, just click on the current shortcut and push those two keys and the shortcut will be set to that combination.

Hope that helps.

BH
    Thanks BH, I know how to change the 'regular' shortcuts. But there no way to change the shortcut for scoll up/down.