Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to tie Humble Bundle 7 purchases to steam?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

How to tie Humble Bundle 7 purchases to steam?

I purchased the Humble Bundle 7 and got many games. I want to track my achievements within steam but since I got the games from the humble bundle 7 and the ubuntu software center I don't know how to "activate" the games within my steam client? I certainly don't want to purchased them again so they show up in my steam library. How can I solve this or can't I?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How to tie Humble Bundle 7 purchases to steam?

In the link you where sent from the Humble Bundle guys you should have an option to get the steam keys (even if you have already activated and even installed in the Software Center).

Beans
    Distro

ok, i found where I get the steam keys but now how to redeem them in the client?

EDIT: nevermind, found it in the Games menu drop down. THANKS

2nd UPDATE: but it's asking me to install it again. What do I do now since it's already installed?

3rd UPDATE: I hit cancel so it wouldn't install again (not sure if that's what I should have done) and now I can't choose to play it thru steam so it'll track my achievments. Also, it clearly states its not available for my platform when it of course is as I have already played a bunch of levels?
    Last edited by dannyboy79; December 24th, 2012 at 04:10 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

AFAIK if you want to tie the game to Steam you have to install if through Steam (else, in the same place as you added the code there is an option called "Add a non-steam game to my library" but I don't know what functionality you get then)... also note that not all native Linux games that you have redeemed through Steam is available for Linux through Steam at the moment, but hopefully the developers are hard at work adding them.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    AFAIK if you want to tie the game to Steam you have to install if through Steam (else, in the same place as you added the code there is an option called "Add a non-steam game to my library" but I don't know what functionality you get then)... also note that not all native Linux games that you have redeemed through Steam is available for Linux through Steam at the moment, but hopefully the developers are hard at work adding them.

that's a shame. I am limited to space and I am not going to go thru the process of uninstalling thru USC and then install through steam only to find out it won't install thru steam despite it being compatible with linux. Oh well, guess I won't get to track my achievements for Snapshot, Shank 2, and Legend Grimrock

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

The game will probably be availible on Steam for Linux later.
    Feel free to add a fellow linux gamer on steam && desura : Maokei

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The developers of these games haven't yet uploaded the Linux binaries onto Steam. They will eventually. My advice would be to email them and politely ask when the binaries will be uploaded.

And yes, if you want to track the games through Steam, you would have to install them via Steam. It's not really all that bad to uninstall through USC and then reinstall through Steam.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyskunk View Post
    The developers of these games haven't yet uploaded the Linux binaries onto Steam. They will eventually. My advice would be to email them and politely ask when the binaries will be uploaded.

And yes, if you want to track the games through Steam, you would have to install them via Steam. It's not really all that bad to uninstall through USC and then reinstall through Steam.
    every game I purchased and installed through USC is currently saying not available for my platform in steam so I can't install them OR are you saying to do that once the developers put the binaries for linux into steam?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    every game I purchased and installed through USC is currently saying not available for my platform in steam so I can't install them OR are you saying to do that once the developers put the binaries for linux into steam?
    What it means is that Linux binaries DO exist, so EVENTUALLY they will be uploaded to Steam. You just have to be patient. Developers want to work out all the bugs first. For example, many people (including myself) are having a hard time playing Dungeon Defenders.

So, just wait until the developers put the Linux binaries on Steam. You can email them or check their forums to see when this will happen.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

So even if the linux binaries aren't available yet, we can still add the games to the library, no?

I'm assuming down the road, we'll be able to play to our hearts content.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast