Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recursive search added back to nautilus-3.6

Beans

recursive search added back to nautilus-3.6

With 13.04 going with nautilus-3.6 it's good that recursive search was patched in today, available in next update (12)

(also thought that 'open with' on folders should be considered, it was I guess & won't happen, 3.6 or 3.8, though easily added back user wise

Beans

Re: recursive search added back to nautilus-3.6

Beans

Search works great in Files in RR. There were some things removed i disagree with GNOME upstream:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2058363

But new search feature is great addition!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by EgoGratis View Post
    But new search feature is great addition!
    Not only that but I like the "Add New Tab" under the right click in the side panel which is really neat. I actually prefer that to a split panel to some degree. The user can add as many tabs as needed which makes it very useful to me. Also less bothersome than multi windows (also available).

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rrnbtter View Post
    Greetings,

Not only that but I like the "Add New Tab" under the right click in the side panel which is really neat. I actually prefer that to a split panel to some degree. The user can add as many tabs as needed which makes it very useful to me. Also less bothersome than multi windows (also available).
    Where? I don't find it. (see screenshot) A screenshot would be nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    Where? I don't find it. (see screenshot) A screenshot would be nice.
    Not sure what he means - any location in the sidebar can be r. clicked on > open in new tab, nothing new I don't believe.

There is also a 'New Tab' option in gear menu, see screen, my gear is on left, yours on right
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm glad to have the "New Tab" option; it really makes up for the loss of the split pane option. And the keyboard shortcut of CTRL-T is as good as the former F3, too, so I feel that they've really fixed this part of Nautilus. I was afraid it was never coming back. Good job!

Beans

I'm glad to have the "New Tab" option; it really makes up for the loss of the split pane option.
    No.

Beans
    Hidden!

Well, no, in that both windows or panes aren't visible at the same time, and I'd prefer that. But going back and forth is very quick and easy, so I consider it a good - if not quite full - solution. This is good enough and useful enough to keep me from going back to an earlier version or to another file manager.

I don't understand why they ever took the split pane option out of it in the first place, though.
    Last edited by mcellius; April 8th, 2013 at 08:56 PM.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Not sure what he means - any location in the sidebar can be r. clicked on > open in new tab, nothing new I don't believe.

There is also a 'New Tab' option in gear menu, see screen, my gear is on left, yours on right
    I see, but can't access both tabs simultaneously like dragging a file from one side to drop into another with f3. For that I guess "New Window" is the replacement (strangely it is under "File" instead of the gear menu)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast