Thread: Live session on an Ubuntu image doesn't have nautilus handling the Desktop

Beans

Live session on an Ubuntu image doesn't have nautilus handling the Desktop

Really surprised this hasn't been addressed, will be even more surprised if the release image does this.
    Will lead to some bad behavior in a 13.04 live session inc. a complete freeze up if a user attempts to minimize a window.

Hard to understand if it makes release as seen thru today's image
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1170483

( to fix in a live session if this continues -
    Code:
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background show-desktop-icons true

Beans

Re: Live session on an Ubuntu image doesn't have nautilus handling the Desktop

Yes we want Nautilus handling the desktop in the future too.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by EgoGratis View Post
    Yes we want Nautilus handling the desktop in the future too.
    I gather the plan is to go with gnome-3.8 in S, or at least to the extent current resources allow. So if that means nautilus-3.8 then will be interesting on how that would be achieved.
    (though a quick test a while ago with one of the touch(unity next) lens suggests that a 'Desktop' is not that important

As far as the 13.04 live session - they've 1 day to fix.
    (if they don't I think quite embarrassing to offer a "Try Ubuntu" that's likely to freeze up or other such mis-behavior within min.'s of starting..

Beans

(though a quick test a while ago with one of the touch(unity next) lens suggests that a 'Desktop' is not that important
    Yes i have a feeling Canonical might feel it has something better to offer on the desktop then Nautilus/Files handling the desktop in Unity Next. If my suspicions will materialized and it will only be something in the range of "maximized/full screen Dash" then i will use different DE on the desktop not Unity anymore. But "desktop mode" of Unity could still offer the only sane option wallpaper + icons and we will see when it happens.