Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 598

Thread: GNOME3 Staging PPA

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,877
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Looks like dconf -> org.gnome.desktop.interface should do it...
    Great! Thank You! Running to try...
    Update₁: Simple tools are always the best! It worked... I'll play with this again when I get some free time... Thank You! All the best!
    Last edited by zika; January 3rd, 2013 at 02:48 PM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,275
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Tried this once again and got this:
    Code:
    Fetched 20.2 MB in 25s (792 kB/s)                                                                                                                                                                                 
    Reading package lists... Done
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     empathy : Depends: libtelepathy-logger3 (>= 0.2.10) but it is not installed
     libtelepathy-logger3-dbg : Depends: libtelepathy-logger3 (= 0.6.0-2~git1) but it is not installed
     telepathy-logger : Depends: libtelepathy-logger3 (= 0.6.0-2~git1) but it is not installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:
    Did a little search for "libtelepathy-logger3" and found a bug that was opened about 3 hours ago.

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1095745

    Any idears?
    I'm guessing everyone is getting this.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; January 3rd, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Noosa, Australia
    Beans
    78
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Tried this once again and got this:
    Code:
    Fetched 20.2 MB in 25s (792 kB/s)                                                                                                                                                                                 
    Reading package lists... Done
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     empathy : Depends: libtelepathy-logger3 (>= 0.2.10) but it is not installed
     libtelepathy-logger3-dbg : Depends: libtelepathy-logger3 (= 0.6.0-2~git1) but it is not installed
     telepathy-logger : Depends: libtelepathy-logger3 (= 0.6.0-2~git1) but it is not installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:
    Did a little search for "libtelepathy-logger3" and found a bug that was opened about 3 hours ago.

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1095745

    Any idears?
    I'm guessing everyone is getting this.
    I can confirm I too receive that error message.
    I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Noosa, Australia
    Beans
    78
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by celluloid View Post
    I can confirm I too receive that error message.
    I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.
    Looks like it's resolved. A full update works now

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,275
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by celluloid View Post
    Looks like it's resolved. A full update works now
    Wonder why I am still getting the same error.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,275
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Looks like dconf -> org.gnome.desktop.interface should do it...
    What do you have set for GTK-Color-Scheme for the foreground? I cannot see it.
    All I can see is selected_bg_color:#D3B37D
    On a white background like google the font color when I type is white which is invisable to me.
    Thanks
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,275
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Deleted
    Last edited by Cavsfan; January 5th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,827
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    looks like you get a perl issue[...]
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I'll check it out later, today. I'm on the trot, right now.
    I'm finally at juggernauts...

    After days of tussling with this problem, which I believe to be caused by corrupt debconf perl modules, I'm now being blocked at any attempt to fix them by an unconfigured libpam0g:i386 package. LoL!

    Oh, what a tangled web we weave!

    I might have to swallow my pride and do a fresh install...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,827
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    What do you have set for GTK-Color-Scheme for the foreground? I cannot see it[...]
    Code:
    gtk-color-scheme: selected_bg_color:#D3B37D;selected_fg_color:#3c3b37
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  10. #60
    dino99's Avatar
    dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nux Jam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I'm finally at juggernauts...

    After days of tussling with this problem, which I believe to be caused by corrupt debconf perl modules, I'm now being blocked at any attempt to fix them by an unconfigured libpam0g:i386 package. LoL!

    Oh, what a tangled web we weave!

    I might have to swallow my pride and do a fresh install...
    First you can probably play with ppa-purge, then:

    sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh -a
    (can take a while, dont stop it yourself)

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •