Thread: Pending review for 3 months

Beans

Pending review for 3 months

Hello,

I have submitted my first app in the Ubuntu Software Center on 2012-09-30. My app has been in the state of "Pending review" for nearly 3 months now. Is this period of time normal for an app to be approved?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Pending review for 3 months?!

Unfortunately yes, open source apps are reviewed by a team of community volunteers, and they just haven't been able to get through all of the open source submissions we've received.

Beans

Thank you for your reply. I guess i just have to wait..

Beans

You can email the App Review Board (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppReviewBoard/) to ask them for an update on your submission, sometimes both sides think they are waiting on the other, and keeping the conversation going will prevent it from stalling.

Beans

Don't you think develpers will get annoyed?

So I do not want to imagine what will happen with Ubuntu for mobile!!

Beans

Hi,

Just a reminder will do

Atleast you may have idea for any progress or bottleneck along the way

Cheers,

Beans

Hi!
    Yes...but what a pity to develop an app for free and opensource and then have to way for months for review!!

I do not know how Ubuntu for mobile or Firefox will be managed...

Beans

Re: Pending review for 3 months

Hello again,

This is unbelievable! My (free in price and speech) software was moved to the "Pending review" 5 months ago and now the following message appears:

"Thank you for submitting a gratis Free Software application through MyApps. At this time we are unable to process this request, as we are working on the implementation of a new app upload process.

To get your software out to millions of Ubuntu users in the meantime, you can either use a Personal Package Archive to distribute your app for free, or you can define a price to charge for your app."

I have already email 3 of the App Review Board members (as mhall119 suggested) without getting any response. I cannot create a PPA due to the developing tools i am using, therefore in order to get my app into the Software Center i MUST make it a ....... paid one?!

I give up trying to add my app in the Software Center. I have submited apps in all major App Stores but by far the Software Center is the most dissapointing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Pending review for 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by netcyrax View Post
    Hello again,

This is unbelievable! My (free in price and speech) software was moved to the "Pending review" 5 months ago and now the following message appears:

"Thank you for submitting a gratis Free Software application through MyApps. At this time we are unable to process this request, as we are working on the implementation of a new app upload process.

To get your software out to millions of Ubuntu users in the meantime, you can either use a Personal Package Archive to distribute your app for free, or you can define a price to charge for your app."

I have already email 3 of the App Review Board members (as mhall119 suggested) without getting any response. I cannot create a PPA due to the developing tools i am using, therefore in order to get my app into the Software Center i MUST make it a ....... paid one?!

I give up trying to add my app in the Software Center. I have submited apps in all major App Stores but by far the Software Center is the most dissapointing.
    This is both bad and good news.

Bad in that it's really unfortunate you're caught in the middle and have been waiting months, and good in that hopefully the new system will prevent anyone from ever being stuck waiting for months.

Is it possible to make your new app cost nothing? For example 'Lords of Ultima' currently has a 'Buy...' button but a $0.00 cost, this may be a way around the system

What is your app btw?
    // Blog