Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a temporary account

Beans

This is a temporary account

Well , as the nickname says .. this is a temporary account ..

Recently I had problems with my actual account , as is connected with Launcphad account and I cannot login due to this => http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2091969

At the time that my actual account snap back .. I will leave from this account ...

Just want the admins to now that.

Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: This is a temporary account

You do not have to use Launchpad to log in. If you have a previous account on this forum you can log in the conventional way - you do not need a duplicate account.

Are you having any difficulty logging in with your previous account, using the conventional login, not launchpad?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    You do not have to use Launchpad to log in. If you have a previous account on this forum you can log in the conventional way - you do not need a duplicate account.

Are you having any difficulty logging in with your previous account, using the conventional login, not launchpad?
    The issue here is that I don't have any previous "regular" account. The only account I have (had) is through launchpad login.

I created now this..new account, so I can post.. and "practice" my hobby.. (to answer-solve problems)

Beans

As I cannot edit my answers in this section , I write one more..

I will close this thread (mark as Solved) the time when my Launchpad Login starts to work again.

Then you can delete this account or not.. (for future - launcphad account - problems , so I can post without create another one) , as is not exactly a duplicate , but semi-duplicate.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I'm getting confused here.

So if previously you were able to login via Launchpad - what account or username did it say you were using?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    I'm getting confused here.

So if previously you were able to login via Launchpad - what account or username did it say you were using?
    Hey , Elfy how are you ?
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntufor...g/+bug/1087819

It was never necessary for me to fill the username & password fields .. Just hit the "Login with Launchpad account" and I was able to login.. (if I remember correctly , only the first time it asked me for migration... but I'm not sure if I remember correctly.)

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily View Post
    It was never necessary for me to fill the username & password fields .. Just hit the "Login with Launchpad account" and I was able to login.. (if I remember correctly , only the first time it asked me for migration... but I'm not sure if I remember correctly.)
    If you were able to login via Launchpad, then once you were logged in, a username would show, and would show in any posts you made. So, what is the answer to Elfy's question?

Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

So what happens if you login as normal with the Nikth account and do as others have in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2091969, that is assume that you are in fact logged in and just go to any other page on the forum.

Alternatively login from anywhere but the home page.

If you do login then clicking the Remember Me button will, if practical, log you in with no issue afterwards.

If necessary we can remove the OpenID login details from your account until it is fixed.

Beans

So what happens if you login as normal with the Nikth account
    So you tell me that I can login normal (without click the "Login with launchpad account" ) and give as username NikTh and as password ?? (my openID password ? )

Lets try it..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

The password associated with the normal Nikth login - not openid - that is broken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast