Thread: Postfix not receiving email

Beans

Postfix not receiving email

I have just installed postfix for the first time every and seem to be able to send emails just fine, but I cannot receive them. I think the following might be a hint in the logs?

Dec 18 19:04:46 kitty postfix/error[6288]: 34FE5627B1: to=<keithclark@sandowne.dlinkddns.com>, relay=none, delay=153258, delays=153224/34/0/0.22, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to sandowne.dlinkddns.com[173.206.93.96]:25: Connection timed out)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Beans

Re: Postfix not receiving email

posted by mistake
    Last edited by chadk5utc; December 19th, 2012 at 06:12 AM.

Beans

Re: Postfix not receiving email

Make sure the mynetworks directive in main.cf is not restricted solely to 127.0.0.1, the localhost interface. Read this if you have not yet done so.

Scanning the IP address listed above shows only ports 22 and 80 open. Is this a publicly-visible machine, or one in a home or office? If the latter, does your ISP allow you to run servers under its Terms of Service for your account? Perhaps they have blocked port 25?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users