Thread: Configuring System Load Indicator

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Configuring System Load Indicator

First of all, I apologize if this is the wrong place to start this thread, I didn't see a application section, please correct me if that's not the case...

So, I've been using System Load Indicator for a while now:
    https://launchpad.net/indicator-multiload
    and I really like it, with just one thing that bothers me. The load Graph seems a bit off. I say that because even though I'm running on a quad-core machine, the graph is completely filled at 1.00. Since I have four cores, according to this article, http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/20...-load-averages I should be fine up to 4.00, right?

I've been searching for this and can't find a fix, is there a configuration file somewhere I could edit the number of cores or something? If not, how would I go about looking at the source code, and possibly change it?

I'm asking because I think the graph is either a) registering the actual load number instead of the percentage (current load to max load), or b) It's a percentage like I mentioned before, but the program assumes that I have only one core. I feel like either one could be easily changed, but I have no idea where to look.

I saw that I can edit some settings in dconf editor /apps/indicators/multiload, but that doesn't offer any configuration beyond the gui tools from right clicking it.

Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but I am running Ubuntu 12.04 precise pangolin 64 bit, and the my cpu is an intel i7. (In case it's some sort of a driver issue, though I don't think it is.)

EDIT: The version of System Load Indicator is 0.2.
    Last edited by TheGuyWithTheFace; December 20th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    The main difference between Windows forums and the Ubuntu forums is that the Ubuntu forums has hundreds of questions and thousands of answers, but Windows forums just have hundreds of questions.
    As for the OS X forums, I wouldn't know, I'm too poor.