Thread: I'm back and got AMD64 13.04 up and running.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Smile I'm back and got AMD64 13.04 up and running.

With my recent dislike for Microsoft's latest Windows Operating System, I decided to come back here and start testing Ubuntu 13.04 again, in fact I would have started testing 13.04 sooner if I had realized that there was NOT going to be an Alpha 1 Ubuntu Build posted on http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases like it normally always was posted there before. Sincerely, kevpan815, Apple Developer Program, and Ubuntu Nightly Build Tester.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: I'm back and got AMD64 13.04 up and running.

Testing here for the past 4 years (two in earnest) I find that ... well... my computers just work! I have no firewalls, no anti-virus guards rendering my PC useless. I can test and test and test and there are no MSMVPs telling what I can say and what I cannot say. I have worked this current install all the way from Oneric Ocelot toolchain .. and it just keeps on ticking. Through all the bugs and blackouts, crashes and errors.. I have always been able to find some way to recover it. With the 'other' OS, I would have done a fresh install about 20 times already.

Really , it is a blessing to be able to be part of this magnificent and bright community of veteran testers and newbies. Everybody is a rock-star here. We actually are included and not excluded. It is a wonderful thing which Mark Shuttleworth has done and all of the volunteers who contribute. The innovations and concepts proposed and actually working far surpass anything currently in the market. Ubuntu brings a certain state of peace of mind and also the Unity desktop is for me (and my eyesight). It is worth the effort to learn some new methods and procedures. And the staff and other regulars are just outright geniuses and we are so lucky to have them.

I have the AMD 3.7.0 kernel working quite well on my Acer extensa 4420.

regards..

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: I'm back and got AMD64 13.04 up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Testing here for the past 4 years (two in earnest) I find that ... well... my computers just work! I have no firewalls, no anti-virus guards rendering my PC useless. I can test and test and test and there are no MSMVPs telling what I can say and what I cannot say. I have worked this current install all the way from Oneric Ocelot toolchain .. and it just keeps on ticking. Through all the bugs and blackouts, crashes and errors.. I have always been able to find some way to recover it. With the 'other' OS, I would have done a fresh install about 20 times already.

Really , it is a blessing to be able to be part of this magnificent and bright community of veteran testers and newbies. Everybody is a rock-star here. We actually are included and not excluded. It is a wonderful thing which Mark Shuttleworth has done and all of the volunteers who contribute. The innovations and concepts proposed and actually working far surpass anything currently in the market. Ubuntu brings a certain state of peace of mind and also the Unity desktop is for me (and my eyesight). It is worth the effort to learn some new methods and procedures. And the staff and other regulars are just outright geniuses and we are so lucky to have them.

I have the AMD 3.7.0 kernel working quite well on my Acer extensa 4420.

regards..
    Thanks for replying, although i am using the AMD64 Build on an Intel 1012 Mini Net Book at the moment, I do plan to reply to Cariboo907's Question tomorrow by testing it on my Dell AMD Processor and ATI Radeon Graphics Card Desktop PC after I Zsync Tomorrow Morning's Nightly Build assuming that we have power Tomorrow Morning as we are currently being hit by a Major Winter Snow Storm right now and the Lights just Flickered about 5 minutes ago, so I don't want to chance turning on my desktop PC right now. I Beta Test for both Apple and Ubuntu, however I have been somewhat Absent from here for a while do to the fact that my Dad does NOT let me use Linux on his Comcast ISP Connection, but I now have my own ISP Connection with Verizon Wireless, so I can now run Linux again.
    Last edited by kevpan815; December 21st, 2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: typed a word in capitals by mistake.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: I'm back and got AMD64 13.04 up and running.

Update: I did actually find the time Last Night to Install Yesterday's Nightly AMD64 Nightly Build on my Dell Zino 400 Desktop PC which has both an AMD Processor and has an ATI Radeon Graphics Card and the system worked just fine on both Booting to the OS from DVD and the Hard Drive itself.