Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung NP535U4C-A01 (Nvidia video) Ubuntu 12.10 does not wake up form suspend

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Samsung NP535U4C-A01 (Nvidia video) Ubuntu 12.10 does not wake up form suspend

Does enabling the "Using Video drivers for the AMD graphics accelerators from fglrx (proprietary)" drivers help?

Beans

Re: Samsung NP535U4C-A01 (Nvidia video) Ubuntu 12.10 does not wake up form suspend

Hello,

Got here from this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=lenovo&page=5

My interest stemmed from a recent problem; my T400, running Ubuntu 12.10 would not suspend.

I approached the problem from a different angle. Examining the system log I noted that something called TPM was returning error code 28. Googling revealed that 1. TPM = Trusted Platform Module and 2. This chip, if interupted during a self test, hangs. Getting it back on track is problematic and I didn't persue this path.

It seemed unlikely that a GNU/Linux would use this feature. This Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module is the basis for my reasoning.

I made the "security chip" invisible in the BIOS. Problem solved. And no, I've had no problems coming back from suspend.

Perhaps this chip is your nemesis.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    Does enabling the "Using Video drivers for the AMD graphics accelerators from fglrx (proprietary)" drivers help?

Hi, sorry for the huge delay. I was in the middle of a project and could not afford to loose the data.

As suggested, I used the proprietary drivers: "Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerator" and the suspension works.

However there are some issues with such a driver.

1) When using two monitors, the only option supported is to clone to output
    2) The bright managment does not work
    3) The sound coming from the HDMI is not working (well neither does it with the Ubuntu driver)

Sorry again for the delay.

Cheer!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    Thank you! I was having this problem with suspend on an ASUS K55N and this solved it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12