Thread: Trying to install executable game, getting errors.

Beans

Trying to install executable game, getting errors.

Hi Ubuntu users!

I recently installed Ubuntu 12.10, and the terminal has always been quite foreign to me (all I can do are Git commits). Today I downloaded a couple games from the Humble Bundle that are all executable (according to the properties info).

I've changed directories to where the file is, but when I do a ./<filename>, I'm thrown the error:

"error while loading shared libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Any idea what the problem could be?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Trying to install executable game, getting errors.

Moved to Gaming & Leisure.

It would help if you would mention the name of the games, and how you installed them.

Beans

The game is The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb. It's an executable file, but when I click on it nothing happens. I've never had to install a file like this before so I don't know what to do. After unpacking the tar.gz file in Terminal like tutorials suggested, I couldn't find a README or INSTALL file like people said -- just the executable file itself.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

hmm, when I purchased the humble bundle 7 yesterday, only 3 showed up in Ubuntu Software Center for me to install. THe one you mentioned wasn't one of them so I am not sure its full compatible with linux yet? Theres a thread titled, "Humble Bumble 7", read that thread as I think others were having the same issue