View Poll Results: Did this SOLUTION help you?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: Penumbra Overture

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Lightbulb Penumbra Overture

Okay so when I first installed this game I could not get it to work without getting a Out Of Range error.

SOLUTION: Go to the folder where you have Penumbra Overture installed click Go Click Search for Files type default settings.
    You will see a file called default_settings.cfg Right Click open with gedit.
    Click search then click find type fullscreen then click find.
    You should see this fullScreen="true" change it to false.
    Then save the file.
    Now Penumbra Overture will open in windowed mode and you can adjust the graphics settings to be the same resolution as your computer has then you can follow the instructions above and change it back to full screen mode by changing the statement back to true.

PROBLEM: Penumbra Overture default setting is 800x600 most people have a higher resolution than this which causes the out of range error.
    A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Beans

Re: Penumbra Overture

You should also have a 3rd option for "never encountered this problem" which is what I would vote for.
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
    Free Moonbase Commander remake @ http://code.google.com/p/tether

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by donkyhotay View Post
    You should also have a 3rd option for "never encountered this problem" which is what I would vote for.
    +1

Never had such problem with Penumbra.

But on that note I have other problem, in middle of the spiders cave there is a place when I died a lot, the game reloads from the autosave - but sometimes it stuck the PC and all I can do is to move to a different console and kill it.
    How do I/we/you solve this "instability issue" , specially that the source code is out now.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by donkyhotay View Post
    The pole was not created for people who did not have the issue if you did not have the issue then I do not need to know. So therefore I do not want to see 3000 people who have never encountered the problem I would rather know if my information helped the 5 or 6 people who did.
    A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by MaximB View Post
    +1

Never had such problem with Penumbra.

But on that note I have other problem, in middle of the spiders cave there is a place when I died a lot, the game reloads from the autosave - but sometimes it stuck the PC and all I can do is to move to a different console and kill it.
    How do I/we/you solve this "instability issue" , specially that the source code is out now.
    Honestly I have not a clue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

How do I get mine to work? When I start it, it shows the cutscenes and then everything goes black and I can't see a thing. Only the hand and eye can be seen.
    I LOVE UBUNTU!!!!!!!!!