Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humble indie bundle 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Humble indie bundle 7

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    i clicked on them and ubuntu software center opened and was able to install shank 2, closure, legend of grimrock, and snapshot. so far I have opened legend of grimrock which worked, snapshot which worked,, shank 2 is installing now thru ubuntu software center and closure doesn't work, just get a black screen.

where do I go to complain about closure?

The installer worked fine for me, so it doesn't seem to be HIB's fault.

I don't know how does that work... Is Canonical also responsible for third party software sold on USC? In any case maybe the best course of action would be contacting the game developers (after all, nobody is more interested than them to get their game working on USC)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by pardalet View Post
    The installer worked fine for me, so it doesn't seem to be HIB's fault.

I don't know how does that work... Is Canonical also responsible for third party software sold on USC? In any case maybe the best course of action would be contacting the game developers (after all, nobody is more interested than them to get their game working on USC)
    i went to their website, couldn't find a contact email anywhere. i just uninstalled it for now as / partition space is getting tight. Shank 2 is awesome though. Snapshot seemed fun.

Beans
    Distro

i went to their website, couldn't find a contact email anywhere. i just uninstalled it for now as / partition space is getting tight. Shank 2 is awesome though. Snapshot seemed fun.

Well, actually in the Team section of the game's page there's a link to the designer and programmer's Twitter account, where you can find that guy's own web page, and THERE you finally can find an email address to contact him.

PS: I totally agree, Shank 2 rocks!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by pardalet View Post
    Well, actually in the Team section of the game's page there's a link to the designer and programmer's Twitter account, where you can find that guy's own web page, and THERE you finally can find an email address to contact him.

PS: I totally agree, Shank 2 rocks!
    thanks.

Beans

i went to their website, couldn't find a contact email anywhere.
    It's not that difficult to get in touch with the humble bundle guys, really. In fact, it's pretty simple:

Send them an e-mail, let them deal with the developer on the issue.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans

Good titles, though Binding of Isaac is too slow (presumably a flash on Linux problem) and god knows what's happening with Dungeon Defenders - installed the .run file and it immediately complained about the kmserver and *poof* I'm back to log-in.

Guess I will wait until it's on USC or Steam, but the 3 different ways of installing (.sh/.run, deb and tar.gz) from the HIB page does remind me that we really do need some consistency with regards to how to install these things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly grateful for the ports that come out, but it must be incredibly confusing for someone who's new.

Having said that, it was well worth the $20 for Grimrock and Closure, both of which are great.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Troll View Post
    Good titles, though Binding of Isaac is too slow (presumably a flash on Linux problem) and god knows what's happening with Dungeon Defenders - installed the .run file and it immediately complained about the kmserver and *poof* I'm back to log-in.

Guess I will wait until it's on USC or Steam, but the 3 different ways of installing (.sh/.run, deb and tar.gz) from the HIB page does remind me that we really do need some consistency with regards to how to install these things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly grateful for the ports that come out, but it must be incredibly confusing for someone who's new.

Having said that, it was well worth the $20 for Grimrock and Closure, both of which are great.
    if you look at the bottom of this screen shot it says Dungeon Defenders and Binding of Isaac weren't available. How did you install them and are you using (X)Ubuntu 12.04? Also, I couldn't get Closure to work, it was just a black screen. I am using 8400 GS with 304.64 binary installed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Troll View Post

Read this about Dungeon Defenders.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Talking Re: Humble indie bundle 7

It might be mentioned that Humble Bundle games installed with the Ubuntu Software Center add a commercial PPA to your repositories, and those games will be updated as any other installed program if/when an upgrade is available. I know that Torchlight was upgraded once it had been installed by USC, and Bastion was as well.

Unfortunately, Dungeon Defenders (HOORAY! Another 5-star game ported to Linux!) is too freakin' BIG for the Software Center, so upgrades to this game will need to be downloaded from the Humble Bundle 6 download page.

Works for me.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro

3 more games added to the bundle! (under Beat The Average conditions, of course)

· Cave Story+

· Offspring Fling

· The Basement Collection

So it's more than 3 games really, since TBC includes more than 7 games.
    Last edited by pardalet; December 27th, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast