Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Need Help?

So do you just unplug your system when you turn it off?
    Wow! Brilliant, the fastest way to turn off pc. I "always" do this when i get kernel panic...switch off the power...but wait, there's magic sysrq button...but, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

Those tweets are a bit useless.
    Twitter doesn't help...
    Last edited by serdotlinecho; December 20th, 2012 at 02:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I agree with you entirely. The help doc icon is in the Dash. It used to be one of the default icons shown when the Dash was opened on a new installation.
    Help is one of the default items in the Dash for a new install (or if you've wiped your zeitgeist history).

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Actually "Yelp" is not installed by default.

Edit:
    Ok . .yes .. what I did was I right-clicked the ? icon on the raring dash and it then proceeded to set me up to install 'Yelp', however , left clicking that icon brings up the Ubuntu Guide.

Actually 'Yelp' is for the GNOME desktop .. so .. I'm confused as to why it is included in the Unity Dash !?
    'yelp' is the name of the help browser used by both the GNOME & Ubuntu desktop guides. Since it's also used as the help browser for many of the GNOME apps, it's definitely installed by default.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by jbicha View Post
    Help is one of the default items in the Dash for a new install (or if you've wiped your zeitgeist history).

'yelp' is the name of the help browser used by both the GNOME & Ubuntu desktop guides. Since it's also used as the help browser for many of the GNOME apps, it's definitely installed by default.

When it goes to SC it displays a pic of GNOME Shell, not Unity Panel so I assumed it was strictly for GNOME shell.

Thanks,

regards..

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu Unity:

Ubuntu Gnome-Shell:

Ubuntu Gnome-Classic:

Last edited by serdotlinecho; December 21st, 2012 at 03:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12