Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vapers out there

Beans

Cool Any vapers out there

I am thinking of getting the Janty MiD and hoping to run it without having to get Windows. Any thoughts? There is a quick look at the software in action at http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Janty-MiD-Series?page=3

To the curious a vaper uses nicotine inhalers instead of cigarettes.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Any vapers out there

I have been using one for quite a few years, and it's fair to say they're better now than they were.

I'd personally shy away from anything with software, it's all gimmicky crap. Just get something solid, with cheaply replaceable parts.

I'll also say that you're far better off quitting completely, if you can (you can!).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Thread moved to The Community Cafe.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I've used one for a while and it really helps.

On the other hand, I don't really see why anyone would need software for their e-cig. All you need is a couple of batteries so that you can switch out, cartridges or the like (5 or so to get started), some refill liquid and maybe a case.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wife and I did for a while. She enjoyed the different flavors. I could never get to the point where it was preferred over a real cig. Add to that the hassle of filling carts, charging and switching batteries, it became too much trouble for a working person. She would like to get back into it.

What helped us was having a friend that had already bought and tested most of the brands on the market and recommended good products and companies to deal with.

Beans

Been "vaping" (I really do hate that term!) for 2 weeks at a day now, and not one "real" cigarette.

Pretty amazed, as for the last 10 years it would have been tricky to go 2 hours without one

I haven't felt like I've given anything up - to the contrary - I just feel like I've made a digital upgrade.

Prepare for mucus invasions, though.

P.S. I've picked myself up a Vision ego 2, which has been brilliant

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Heck yea, anything I 'smoke' is vaporized. You shouldnt need ANY software for your device to work. Sounds like some bundled crapware.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans

I was wondering what the heck this topic was about until I read it.

I dont do e-cigs or any cigarettes. Cigarettes just small damn awful. Might as well just light up a dog turd and puff on it. I however used to enjoy hookahs quiet well, rose flavor was one of my favorites, I know its not the same but its similar as there are many flavors. I however live in MS now were anything with questionable use is no allowed. "Glad I am moving in a few weeks!!"
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 830 Series SSD, Intel HD4000 iGPU, 2x Samsung Series3 LED Monitors.
    Photography Homepage: exodistphotography.blogspot.com
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hello.

Vaping for nearly one month and have quit cigarettes.

Started with a My 7's kit but quickly moved to an eGo system which I really like.

Are you on the e-cigarettes forum?

Beans

If you think about it, "e-cigs" are generally used to quit not only smoking, but using nicotine all together. So I wouldn't waste money on an e-cig with "software."

Besides why would you need software for an e-cig? All you do is puff and inhale man.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast