Thread: Have two scanners and want to disable one

Beans

Have two scanners and want to disable one

I have two scanners.

One is legit, a Fujitsu SnapScan s1500. The other is lame, it's part of my old Canon multi-function inkjet printer/scanner combo.

What annoys me to no end is that when I try to use simple-scan (or another utility), the Canon is always selected as the default scanner option.

What I'd like to do is disable the Canon scanner since I never use it (being able to re-order the scanners so the Fujitsu was the default would also work). I can't figure out how to do that - whether it's using some sort of sane config or what. Any help would be very appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Have two scanners and want to disable one

i do know a workaround, the php scanner server (link in signature) has this feature, if your connected directly to a modem i suggest using a firewall on port 80
    it does not fix your simple scan issue, it is a alternate front end software for scanimage

you may be able to remove or blacklist the scanner driver
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

Re: Have two scanners and want to disable one

The blacklist comment gave me an idea. Thank you.

I was able to remove support for the Canon Pixma device by commenting out "pixma" in the /etc/sane.d/dll.conf file.

Problem solved. Thanks.