Thread: Ubuntu getting stuck when a sentence is too long

Beans

Ubuntu getting stuck when a sentence is too long

Hi,

I'm facing a very strange problem. Whenever I copy and paste long sentences (more than 7000 characters in a single line) from webpages etc, on my editor gedit or even eclipse, the screen gets dimmer and my system becomes too slow, and seems non-responsive.

For instance, I was trying to store the list of first 10,000 primes in an array for which I used an on-line calculator (an applet) to generate the list of primes separated by commas, when I copied the text and pasted in gedit, the system would not respond, and I had to force quit the application.

Any one else facing the same problem?

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu getting stuck when a sentence is too long

Quote Originally Posted by MrinalSinghania View Post
    Hi,

I'm facing a very strange problem. Whenever I copy and paste long sentences (more than 7000 characters in a single line) from webpages etc, on my editor gedit or even eclipse, the screen gets dimmer and my system becomes too slow, and seems non-responsive.

For instance, I was trying to store the list of first 10,000 primes in an array for which I used an on-line calculator (an applet) to generate the list of primes separated by commas, when I copied the text and pasted in gedit, the system would not respond, and I had to force quit the application.

Any one else facing the same problem?

Cheers.
    why not using the menue - store page
    cheers
    "What is the robbing of a bank compared to the FOUNDING of a bank?" Berthold Brecht