Thread: Almost everything still in english

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Almost everything still in english

Hi!

I've set the language options and downloaded the language support in Xubuntu Precise, but it still doesn't translate the dropdown menu and many other things into my local language. Is this a Xubuntu or Xfce issue?

Thank you!
    "Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink." - Charles Bukowski

Beans

Re: Almost everything still in english

Quote Originally Posted by aykoola View Post
    Hi!

I've set the language options and downloaded the language support in Xubuntu Precise, but it still doesn't translate the dropdown menu and many other things into my local language. Is this a Xubuntu or Xfce issue?

Thank you!
    Not sure what you have done so far and as I speak english I have not tried this but found a step by step how to
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17528...age-in-ubuntu/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

In xubuntu this can be found in settings->language support. The GUI looks identical to the one shown in the link.

Keep in mind that translations for your language may be incomplete (I don't know which one you're using). Some programs may use their own system for translations.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by aykoola View Post
    Hi!

Thank you!
    hi
    i am a german and have the same behavior. but it don't hassle me.
    e.g. some man pages are in english the other in german and so on (not only man pages)
    stay cool
    cheers

P.S. i am running ubuntu 12.04 LTS precise
    Last edited by rnerwein; December 18th, 2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: forgot my release
    "What is the robbing of a bank compared to the FOUNDING of a bank?" Berthold Brecht