Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oblivion

Beans

Re: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by xREDEMPTIONx View Post
    I don't see why that wouldn't work. Install the game on windows7 in virtualbox and then copy it over to playonlinux. Have you tried the Playonlinux or wine forums for more information on your errors?

I gave up WINE causes my pc to lag it will take 1,8Gb out of 8Gb of memory and my CPU usage during wine or steam usage is 19% on all 4 cores--19% 19% 19% 19% so screw it.

Beans

Got Win 7 installed time to tinker with it.....
    Last edited by Beardedturtle; December 23rd, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Beans

Windows cannot read the disc but Linux can?? Screw it

Beans
    Hidden!

Please refrain from making multiple posts in such short succession after each other. If you want to add anything relevant to your posts you can edit a post and add the information.

All of your ranting is not helping you solve your problem.

Have you done as mentioned earlier and checked the Wine-HQ site and/or the Play on Linux site to find more information on the error messages you are getting?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    Please refrain from making multiple posts in such short succession after each other. If you want to add anything relevant to your posts you can edit a post and add the information.

All of your ranting is not helping you solve your problem.

Have you done as mentioned earlier and checked the Wine-HQ site and/or the Play on Linux site to find more information on the error messages you are getting?

Nothing works so to Hell with it I give up until someone ports it over to Linux. Uninstalling POL now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedturtle View Post
    Nothing works so to Hell with it I give up until someone ports it over to Linux. Uninstalling POL now.
    oblivion install completed, but installed file /home/bearded/.local/share/wineprefixes/oblivion/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Oblivion.exe not found

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The actual installed game path and the registry entry probably do not match. Did you change the default install path for some reason? Run Registry Editor in the Oblivion drive and make sure this key is correct.

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    -Software
    -Bethesda Softworks
    -Oblivion (string) Installed Path Your Install Path Here

Beans

The actual installed game path and the registry entry probably do not match. Did you change the default install path for some reason? Run Registry Editor in the Oblivion drive and make sure this key is correct.

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    -Software
    -Bethesda Softworks
    I will try again in a few days. =)

Beans

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    -Software
    -Bethesda Softworks
    Oblivion is still giving file transfer errors and hard crashing Virtualbox I give up,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12