Beans

Re: Satellite L745-S4110 Brightness Keys not working

Just tried it, it does not fix it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hmmm. I'm sorry but I'm out of ideas. Perhaps its best to either create a new bug report or add yourself to this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/934095.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    Hmmm. I'm sorry but I'm out of ideas. Perhaps its best to either create a new bug report or add yourself to this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/934095.
    ok, thanks for helping. I guess I could add to that bug report, but it looks like it hasn't been udpated since March.. And it's a different toshiba model.

The weird thing is my brightness works with "Brightness and Lock" but it's just the hotkeys that don't work upon a fresh reboot. It seems it might just be button mapping. But I have no idea how to fix it. I guess next I will try going to Keyboard Shortcuts, and see if the keys register as hotkeys. Maybe I can try to make a script to echo a number in the brightness in /sys/ somewhere..

But even then it would just be a workaround and I would rather get it fixed somehow so I have the brightness bubble that pops up.

Maybe I should try it on my live ubuntu 12.10 flash drive and see if it works there.

Beans

I suffered a similar problem on my Toshiba Satellite PRO U500...

I was unable to adjust the brightness at all; I resolved adding acpi_backlight=vendor to the boot line.

I hope this helps

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by M3m3nt0 View Post
    I suffered a similar problem on my Toshiba Satellite PRO U500...

I was unable to adjust the brightness at all; I resolved adding acpi_backlight=vendor to the boot line.

I hope this helps
    Thanks for the tip, however I have already tried this. And it doesn't fix it.

Beans

So I am still suffering from this issue.

However, I often use hibernate and [when it works,] suspend, and I have created a script to use in my terminal to change the brightness [using intel_backlight]
    I went to Keyboard shortcuts, and my brightness down button [fn+f6] produces the code 0x78, and the brightness up [fn+f7] does not even register as a hotkey.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Can you try the acpi_osi=\"!Windows 2012\" kernel parameter? The relevant line in /etc/default/grub should look like this:
    Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=\"!Windows 2012\""
    Note the backslash escaping of the quotes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12