Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13.04 Iso fails to load properly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

13.04 Iso fails to load properly

Hi: About a month ago, i decided to look at 13.04 so i downloaded a 64 bit desktop version and it loaded in and ran fine on the live session..
    However, about a week or so ago i tried downloading the latest daily build iso (64 bit) and it will not load in properly...

it gets stuck on the part where its says Ubuntu on the screen and the mouse arrow just loaded in (i believe that is the point where the screen is about to come up to ask you if you want to run it live session or install it)...

i have tried several daily build isos since and they all stop at that same point...

I am running a very new Toshiba laptop (4 months old) with intel i3 core processor and intel video graphics....

Anyone else experience this? Anyone know what the problem is?
    By the way, the dvds are burned fine, at the slowest speed and with my k3b disc burner and i check the md5 sums and they match...
    Last edited by craig10x; December 16th, 2012 at 04:27 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 13.04 Iso fails to load properly

Did you try setting nomodeset, when booting from the Live image?

Beans
    Distro

No, how would you do that?

By the way..seems strange it loaded in fine a month ago but now they don't...perhaps a kernel change related problem in the latest iso? (just guessing of course....lol)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu 12.10 is working ok for you ?
    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Beans
    Distro

Oh yes...just fine...and live isos for 12.04 and 12.10 boot up fine for me...

Strange thing is that the live isos of 13.04 worked fine about a month ago and now they keep freezing at the same point...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Do you have a USB drive connected? The reason I ask is that I tried 3 times to install 13.04 and it would not get past the screen that
    said I had internet and enough disk space. Then I noticed it was doing some serious activity on my 1TB USB drive.
    I turned that off and it installed just fine.
    HTH

Beans
    Distro

Interesting but no...don't have anything connected to the usb drive...the whole thing is rather puzzling i must say

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Interesting but no...don't have anything connected to the usb drive...the whole thing is rather puzzling i must say
    Definitely! I was about to give up as it showed no disk activity whatsoever then I felt my USB drive and it was going nuts.
    So I turned it off and gave that a try and it worked.

I hope you get it figured out.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    No, how would you do that?

By the way..seems strange it loaded in fine a month ago but now they don't...perhaps a kernel change related problem in the latest iso? (just guessing of course....lol)
    Not sure if it's going to do you any good, I have a new laptop here that has nvidia but would be using Intel in the live session & have no issue at all using live session
    (haven't installed ubuntu on it & likely won't for a while

To ck. with nomodeset -
    Don't know if you need to use an Fx key/boot menu but after that -
    as soon as your live dvd starts to load press any key on the keyboard.
    That should bring you to a lang. selection screen, press enter on selected choice.
    You'll then be on the option screen, use F6 to open boot options. Arrow down to nomodeset, press enter to select then Esc to exit.
    Then press enter to go to live session, maybe it'll load, maybe not..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

When I was having the same problem I would click "quit" install and it would go to a live-cd session without issue.
    It's just the installing part that would not work. One time it said something like unmount your USB drive and I did but, it still did not install.
    The USB drive had to be disconnected prior to boot for me to get the install to work.

That's my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast