Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chromium bookmark icons disappeared

Beans

Chromium bookmark icons disappeared

Like the title says my bookmark icons have disappeared and have been replaced with blank white pages:

Initially I thought they would come back if i did a fresh install and imported the bookmarks, but when I reinstall chromium they are already there, and again without the proper icons.Has anyone an idea as to what may be causing the problem or a solution to fix?

Beans

Re: Chromium bookmark icons disappeared

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

What version of chromium are you running? You can find the version number by opening the menu and clicking "About Chromium".

Beans

running on version 5.0.375.125 (53311) Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro

If you create a new bookmark does it have a proper favicon and text? If you open the bookmark manager do the items listed under bookmark bar have proper favicons and text?

If only new bookmarks look correct then it's possible that somehow your bookmarks got corrupted (not sure what would cause that). Without a backup I don't know any way to restore them without re-bookmarking things by hand. You might try exporting them and importing into firefox to see if things are any better there.

If all bookmarks look wrong (including new ones) then I'd say it's some sort of bug with chromium. You're running a stable version so I'd be surprised if a bug like that got through their screening. If this bug persists, you might try reporting it at their bug tracker. They're usually very responsive as long as you include all the necessary info.

Beans

All bookmarks whether old or new are missing the icon, and it is the same story in the bookmark manager.I would report it to the bug report but it doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus_Jazz View Post
    I would report it to the bug report but it doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else.
    Unless there's 10 other people with the same problem that are all staying quiet because they think it isn't a problem for anyone else.

Honestly, I would report it if I were in your shoes. Just give whatever information you can. The devs will be able to tell you how to find out whatever info they need, and they're always polite (I've reported a couple bugs to them before).

In any case, this almost certainly seems like a chromium-specific bug to me.

Beans
    Hidden!

try add the chromium daily build ppa as its more current than the one in the repos

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:chromium-daily/ppa

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install

if that doesn't work , uninstall the current one in the repos and try again , best to purge it to remove botched up config files

sudo apt-get purge chromium
    What arrests my attention...
    is the fact, that this space is inhabited.

Beans

good lookin shpongle and ean thanks for the help i will report the bug if problem persists!
    Last edited by Optimus_Jazz; August 30th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

any time man
    What arrests my attention...
    is the fact, that this space is inhabited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast