Thread: new install: missing top menubar

Beans

new install: missing top menubar

guys,

on my konsole i am missing the menubar at the top of the utility. it =used= to be there before, but nothing i do gets it back. in order to change trivial stuff, i have to use the mouse in the middle of the screen.

just now, when i fired off firefox, i see no top menubar. if i did have this--or similar--problems before, i've forgotten how to fix thhem. can anybody help me here? (i just installed 12.10 on a Dell 3010.)

tia... .

Beans

Re: new install: missing top menubar

Quote Originally Posted by kline View Post
    guys,

on my konsole i am missing the menubar at the top of the utility. it =used= to be there before, but nothing i do gets it back. in order to change trivial stuff, i have to use the mouse in the middle of the screen.

just now, when i fired off firefox, i see no top menubar. if i did have this--or similar--problems before, i've forgotten how to fix thhem. can anybody help me here? (i just installed 12.10 on a Dell 3010.)

tia... .
    i remember that this no-menu-bar problem cropped up a year or two ago. Only when i use the application in full screen size is there a menu on the extreme top on the left. Somehow there was a way of undoing this so that every application had the mail tool bar atop every app. if i were using three Konsoles, each would have the bar at the top. How to i get this behavior back?