Thread: Odd mythwelcome behaviour on 12.04

Beans

Question Odd mythwelcome behaviour on 12.04

I've recently upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04. I'm setting up automatic startup and shutdown... This bit seems to work fine.

However, I've got a problem with mythwelcome... Despite the line being uncommented in session-settings then when I start mythwelcome it immediately starts the frontend. If I exit the frontend then the display hangs... However, the system does shut itself down in 5 minutes so the shutdown is working...

There is something wrong, but I don't seem to have much luck looking through the logs... Other than errors about can't find this font, so using that font I can't seem to find any other errors.

Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Odd mythwelcome behaviour on 12.04

Hi Jason,
    you are not alone. I have 12.04 and use Mythwelcome and ACPI wakeup too. When I exit frontend I get partial painting of the screen. A dark band across top of screen and a block at bottom middle, with the rest unchanged. You can get the welcome screen by tapping control-F1 /ctrl F2 a few times.
    This is behaviour I did not get in 9.04.
    I don't know Ubuntu well enough to decide which component it is.
    If you get a fix please post it here!
    Phil

Beans

I think I've solved it...

When I exited from mythfrontend then at the top I can see a tab saying mythwelcome... I took the chance that it was active, but I just couldn't see anything... I pressed i and got the configuration screen up... There I unticked the option to automatically start the frontend and clicked on finish and it started working... That options screen was in my old theme, but when I clicked on finish it went back to the current theme... (I used metallurgy theme before I upgraded)

Beans

Great! that works here too.
    Thanks Jason.
    Phil