Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck on 3/7 ubuntu 10.04 installation.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Stuck on 3/7 ubuntu 10.04 installation.

I have an acer aspire one, with an 8GB SSD, and it works well, though rather sluggishly, with Ubuntu 12.04.1. I let the Ubuntu installer decide how the SSD (hard disk) should be partitioned, it has a / partition of 7 GB, and a /swap partition of 1 GB.

Usually, on larger disks, I do the partitioning myself, but not on this very small one.

I also tried Lubuntu, and Xubuntu, but as I like to use Firefox and LibreOffice, there was not so much gain, speaking of speed.

I think, if you try to put Ubuntu next to Windows (dual boot), on a too small disk, that there is not room enough to copy the necessary files onto the disk, and start the install. The install stops perpetually.

As far as I remember changing the disk is a no-go area, if you are not experienced in opening up a notebook physically way to the very limit. There are descriptions how to do this, on the web, for my Aspire One at least, but I feel way too fainthearted for that.

Topsiho

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Stuck on 3/7 ubuntu 10.04 installation.

I forgot to mention that 10.04 is not worth the trouble of installing anymore, as the support for 10.04 will end in April next year.

Topsiho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12