Thread: Can't configure TVTime

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can't configure TVTime

I'm trying to get TVTime working but I am not getting anywhere. I am using a PEAK 138508AGPK DVB-T Digital TV Hybrid PCI Card TV Card.
    I have connected it to my video recorder which has a Virgin TiVo box connected. It can't detect a signal, what do I need to do as I am completely stumped.
    To help, for any settings needed, I am in UK.

Beans

Re: Can't configure TVTime

Hey pooky2483,
    Maybe give some more details about your setup…
    I would first check for the obvious, i.e. settings. In Media, go to Open capture device and check that it appears there. Now go to Input Configuration > Change Video Source and make sure your source is set. In Channel management, go to Change Frequency table > Select new table and setup your frequencies table; next, go to Scan channels for signal.
    That should at least give you some indication where your error is (process of elimination ). Also, have you tries the tvtime site – the help and faq & common errors sections are pretty useful.
    Hope this helps (or you’ve already solved it…), Cintia

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

tvtime doesn't work with dvb afaik, but perhaps if you have a hybrid card you are trying to grab an analog signal from somewhere, or perhaps a composite signal? What are your video devices in /dev/video? You will probably need to set the composite input from within tvtime to get a picture from your video recorder.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Merrattic View Post
    tvtime doesn't work with dvb afaik, but perhaps if you have a hybrid card you are trying to grab an analog signal from somewhere, or perhaps a composite signal? What are your video devices in /dev/video? You will probably need to set the composite input from within tvtime to get a picture from your video recorder.
    It worked ok when I had Window$ but I don't use that any more.
    I am using an analog signal.
    How can I find out what's in /dev/video
    Last edited by lisati; December 15th, 2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Please use the "quote" button when quoting someone else's comments