Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    43

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    Abe,

    I found using the package for the driver in AUR to be a bit easier:

    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dkms-rts_bpp/


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    3

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaylittle View Post
    So I've spent some time with the laptop and it's almost perfect except... this damn Clickpad. Sell a laptop with real mouse buttons next time please. This clickpad can't handle the stress put on it by gaming. Clicking down will cause it to stick from time to time and sometimes it REALLY stays stuck (which causes the OS to register it as you constantly clicking). If I could switch out the clickpad for the trackpad on my panp9, this would be the perfect machine. As it stands now, I'm now remapping the mouse buttons to keyboard buttons in games to keep from ripping my hair out.

    Note: I'm going to attempt working around this by disabling Clickpad functionality completely and relying upon tap for what I need. *gulp*
    I saw your previous post that you had gotten it configured more to your liking and I was coming back today to ask what you had done and saw this. I agree with you. I can only get right-clicks to register about 1 in 8 times. I can work around the problem when web-browsing by doing a ctrl-click for a new window, but right-clicking a file for properties or to rename is frustrating. I hope it's a software bug that can be addressed.

    I'm also having trouble with the touchpad turning off while typing. I have the box ticked, but my cursor wanders from the box that should have focus.

    One last thing...I hope someone comes up with a cord to extend the lead from the power brick another two feet.

    Other than that, machine is a very solid build and love the volume of the audio output on this thing.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    43

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    Quote Originally Posted by robjective View Post
    I saw your previous post that you had gotten it configured more to your liking and I was coming back today to ask what you had done and saw this. I agree with you. I can only get right-clicks to register about 1 in 8 times. I can work around the problem when web-browsing by doing a ctrl-click for a new window, but right-clicking a file for properties or to rename is frustrating. I hope it's a software bug that can be addressed.

    I'm also having trouble with the touchpad turning off while typing. I have the box ticked, but my cursor wanders from the box that should have focus.

    One last thing...I hope someone comes up with a cord to extend the lead from the power brick another two feet.

    Other than that, machine is a very solid build and love the volume of the audio output on this thing.
    I agree on both the length of the cord and the audio volume. As for the clicking - I'm still having issues with it and its getting quite frustrating. Turning off the "click" functionality of the trackpad seems to be almost impossible. It's mostly turned off after I run the following shell script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    
    synclient ClickPad=0
    synclient ClickFinger1=0
    synclient ClickFinger2=0
    synclient ClickFinger3=0
    synclient TapButton1=1
    synclient TapButton2=3
    synclient TapButton3=2
    synclient RTCornerButton=0
    synclient RBCornerButton=0
    synclient LTCornerButton=0
    synclient LBCornerButton=0
    Hope this helps... note: This will enable tap to click along with two and three finger taps for right and middle clicks respectively. Your desktop environment may override some of these settings from time to time, namely the TapButton ones. So be sure you have the DE setup to emulate those settings. All DEs that I've tried don't seem to even acknowledge much less modify any of the click settings.
    Last edited by jaylittle; January 2nd, 2013 at 02:07 AM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    9

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    I just got my bonobo extreme for my company to do some development, but so far I'm not that impressed with the out of box experience. My serval pro 7 'just worked' while my bonobo extreme required configuration just to get my extra drives (secondary and caddy) configured. I thought by going sys76 we were taken care of, especially if my manager is forking over more than 2k for the configuration?

    The major issue I have is that some laser USB mice and bluetooth connected mice appear to not work out of the box.

    This is a basic functionality, lsusb shows the device is enumerated, but apparently it's not properly handled.

    Code:
    <6>[ 6048.708266] usb 3-2: new full-speed USB device number 28 using xhci_hcd
    <6>[ 6048.726866] usb 3-2: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c52b
    <6>[ 6048.726873] usb 3-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    <6>[ 6048.726876] usb 3-2: Product: USB Receiver
    <6>[ 6048.726879] usb 3-2: Manufacturer: Logitech
    <6>[ 6048.732239] logitech-djreceiver 0003:046D:C52B.0007: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Device [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb-0000:00:14.0-2/input2
    <3>[ 6048.732526] logitech-djreceiver 0003:046D:C52B.0007: logi_dj_probe:logi_dj_recv_query_paired_devices error:-32
    <4>[ 6048.732698] logitech-djreceiver: probe of 0003:046D:C52B.0007 failed with error -32
    on my Serval (which I updated to 12.10)


    Code:
    <6>[21902.037715] usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 19 using ehci_hcd
    <6>[21902.133230] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c52b
    <6>[21902.133244] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    <6>[21902.133252] usb 2-1.2: Product: USB Receiver
    <6>[21902.133261] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: Logitech
    <6>[21902.141279] logitech-djreceiver 0003:046D:C52B.001D: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Device [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2/input2
    <6>[21902.144649] input: Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:1025 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.2/2-1.2:1.2/0003:046D:C52B.001D/input/input20
    <6>[21902.144957] logitech-djdevice 0003:046D:C52B.001E: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:1025] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2:1
    What's really strange was after an afternoon of configuring (plus setting up build environments). I decided to plug in a normal, old, laser logitech mouse, found it working, and proceeded to plug in the problem bluetooth-usb mouse. Lo and behold it works? UPDATE: upon rebooting, it breaks again, plugging in the old laser mouse and re-plugging in the blue-tooth unifier mouse does not re-create the 'magic' solution. It also appears that all of my logitech unifier based devices don't work either.

    old laser logitech:
    Code:
    <6>[ 3164.210402] input: Logitech USB Optical Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-2/3-2:1.0/input/input15
    <6>[ 3164.210803] hid-generic 0003:046D:C018.001A: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Logitech USB Optical Mouse] on usb-0000:00:14.0-2/input0
    <6>[ 3170.907663] usb 3-2: USB disconnect, device number 11
    I have no issues with the hardware, i'm just lamenting on the service that's provided as opposed to me just buying the hardware and putting ubuntu on it. Side note, it appears that fprint is not installed by default.
    Last edited by Ayanzo; January 26th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Beans
    2,544
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayanzo View Post
    I just got my bonobo extreme for my company to do some development, but so far I'm not that impressed with the out of box experience. My serval pro 7 'just worked' while my bonobo extreme required configuration just to get my extra drives (secondary and caddy) configured. I thought by going sys76 we were taken care of, especially if my manager is forking over more than 2k for the configuration?
    We don't configure secondary drives by default becuase of the large vareity of ways that customers want them configured. That said, I'll forward your comments on for future consideration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayanzo View Post
    What's really strange was after an afternoon of configuring (plus setting up build environments). I decided to plug in a normal, old, laser logitech mouse, found it working, and proceeded to plug in the problem bluetooth-usb mouse. Lo and behold it works? UPDATE: upon rebooting, it breaks again, plugging in the old laser mouse and re-plugging in the blue-tooth unifier mouse does not re-create the 'magic' solution. It also appears that all of my logitech unifier based devices don't work either.
    Are you using a Unifying receiver? Try a different port. We've had a couple of reports of Unifying receivers not working on USB 3 ports, so try the USB 2 port.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Beans
    57
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    Now that you've mentioned it, I've also had trouble with my Logitech wireles trackball with unifying receiver. It had trouble through an external USB 3.0 hub as well (SIIG 6port + card reader).

    It behaves like a weak radio link, but is pysically close enough. Moving the unifying receiver to another port seemed to work well.

    When I get a chance, I'll try to find a pattern to it.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    36

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    I find the front left corner of my Bonobo 6 gets very hot, but not a lot of hot air gets blown out the back by the fans. Is this normal behaviour?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    3

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    I have been really enjoying my bonx6. I also upgraded from a Serval Pro. This thing is super fast. It handles Linux Steam nicely and all. I went to install some games like Alien Arena, which would not work, but then today I saw there was an update, so I updated and it works now. I think the Alien Arena was a DGA mouse thing (after some googling). I have been trying to get Enemy Territory running, tried doing it manually and got no sound and no mouse support. Then I checked synaptic and of course it was there, so I installed from there, now i have sound but the mouse hasn't improved. Seems some of these SDL games have issues with DGA mouse drives or something? I have no idea what I am talking about and probably poorly paraphrasing... anyway, can anyone replicate this? I get to the first screen after launching et, and it wants me to put in my name and enable punkbuster etc etc, as soon as I move the mouse it slides down to the right and I can't get it back...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    9

    Re: Bonobo Extreme (bonx6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdfest View Post
    I find the front left corner of my Bonobo 6 gets very hot, but not a lot of hot air gets blown out the back by the fans. Is this normal behaviour?

    Depends on what's hogging your CPU. I run full builds that use all my memory and 100% of all 4 cpus (8 hyper threaded).


    In respect to the usb mouse issue. Yes, this is usb3.0 releated. Using a 2.0 hub on a 3.0 port or 2.0 port will yeild no problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •