Thread: How to permanently disable a bluetooth adapter and set another as the default one?

Beans

How to permanently disable a bluetooth adapter and set another as the default one?

Hello,

I have a rather annoying problem in Kubuntu 14.04. My PC has two bluetooth adapters. One is a tiny USB dongle, the other is integrated inside an internal card reader. Kubuntu (well, I suppose, actually bluetoothd) picks the card reader's adapter as the default one. But, that one has a very crappy range - audio breaks off after just a few meters distance. The dongle on the other hand has much better signal strength. So I use that one.

But every time I start the PC, I have to go to the list of bluetooth adapters in BlueDevil, and disable the one from the card reader. It never remembers this. I'd like to switch it off permanently. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How to permanently disable a bluetooth adapter and set another as the default one

Hi !

Maybe you could disable the integrated Bluetooth adapter in the BIOS of your computer.