Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux: 10/31/2012

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

FREE Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux: 10/31/2012

http://flock.codeweavers.com/

Codeweavers is giving away CrossOver for Linux for FREE this Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 for 24 hours. You get 12 months of support for free too. I have a two year subscription that cost me $90 USD. I use this free libre open source software application to install, configure, and run Microsoft Windows software applications. It's much easier than WINE. It's based upon WINE as a matter of fact.

Try it for free!

Beans
    Distro

Re: FREE Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux: 10/31/2012

Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux allows you to install, configure, and run select Microsoft Windows software application native on GNU/Linux. It is based on WINE, but it has a useful graphical user interface to make things much easier to install and run Microsoft Windows software applications on GNU/Linux. It's easy to use and it comes with tons of pre-built bottles so that installation and execution are simple and easy. You don't need to figure out anything on your own.

Run Windows on Mac and Linux, easily and affordably

This website will tell you more information about specific Microsoft Windows software applications including details and tips and tricks to make it work properly. It will also tell you what is compatible and it will tell you the medal award rating for each one. It's a gold mine of information and data.

Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux adheres to FLOSS. Rest assured that every purchase generates 50 percent of code given to the WINE project so all *NIX users will benefit. Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux gives you early access to new Microsoft Windows software applications especially PC games. That's the key difference. It makes it easy to install and run Windows software applications.

Beans
    Hidden!

This is a good deal for those that need to run Windows applications and want to do it the easiest way possible.

I also have a subscription and feel it is well worth every cent.

Beans
    Distro

I can install and run the following Microsoft Windows software applications using Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux 32 bit on OpenSuSE 64 bit Tumbleweed version 11.2.1:

TweetDeck
    Amazon Kindle for PC
    Google Picasa 3.9.x
    Microsoft Office 2010 32 bit Professional Plus SP-1
    Valve Corporation's Steam Client for Windows including Sid Meier's Civilization V with additional DLCs, Portal, and Sniper Elite PC games
    Intuit Quicken Deluxe 2011 and 2012

I need Intuit Quicken Deluxe 2011 or 2012 and I need Amazon Kindle for PC to work. Microsoft Office 2010 32 bit is just pure gravy for me. I rarely play PC games, but it is nice to be able to play Civilization V, Portal, and Sniper Elite. I might purchase more PC games to play in the future.

Beans
    Distro

Remember, Codeweavers is giving away CrossOver for Linux and Apple Macintosh OS X for free on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 from 00:00 - 23:59 CST (-6 GMT). You have 24 hours to get it for free with 12 months of free support to troubleshoot specific technical issues. This is a $59.99 USD value for free. No strings attached except you only have October 31st, 2012 to get it for free with 12 months of free support.

Don't miss out on this opportunity. It only comes once every four years.

I already purchased a two year subscription, but I told my best friend who uses Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bit LTS about this special deal and I hope that he will take advantage of it.

Don't be fool and ignore this special opportunity. Codeweavers CrossOver for Linux makes it dead simple and easy to install, configure, update, and run Microsoft Windows software applications native in GNU/Linux or Apple Macintosh OS X. You get it for free with 12 months of free support.

Beans
    Hidden!

Please stop bumping this thread so much... once every 24 hours (and I am full aware this special is just for one day...)

neu5eeCh is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks for the notice. I, for one, was not aware of this until you posted this. I've already notified a small business who bought some used Linux laptops (unaware that they couldn't run MS apps).

The only application I would like to use is WordPerfect. For free, I'm willing to try it and work with it. If it works, I'll consider subscribing when the year is up.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    Please stop bumping this thread so much... once every 24 hours (and I am full aware this special is just for one day...)

A little case of over-enthusiasm and linux-loving logorrhea

Thanks for the heads up!
    check out KDE Neon
    Dell Inspiron 5625, AMD Ryzen 7 5825U

Beans

I have never liked emulators and programs like Crossover they are messy and generally perform well below par. If you need to use Windows Apps use them on Windows.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I have never liked emulators and programs like Crossover they are messy and generally perform well below par. If you need to use Windows Apps use them on Windows.
    The software rated as Gold with Crossover work very well...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast