Thread: Firefox 17.0.1 uses traditional menu bar instead of single menu button in xfce

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Smile Firefox 17.0.1 uses traditional menu bar instead of single menu button in xfce

Not new in v17, it has always been this way:

On Windows at work there is a single orange firefox button that houses the menu tree.

At home on xubuntu it is the traditional File, Edit, View etc always in view menu bar.

Space is a premium and I wish there was a firefox menu button that could be placed by the address bar or tabs.

Is this possible?

p.s. Global Menu Integration addon was disabled. I enabled, restarted, but no change. So disabled again.
    Last edited by finny388; December 11th, 2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: add info

Beans

Re: Firefox 17.0.1 uses traditional menu bar instead of single menu button in xfce

Right click on the empty space on the right of the plus sign that adds a new tab and uncheck "Menu Bar".
    Apps for Ubuntu (outdated) ---> http://cid-23a283fc1010a1bb.skydrive...%20Wine|6?uc=1
    Use Mnemosyne to Study for School!

Beans

Re: Firefox 17.0.1 uses traditional menu bar instead of single menu button in xfce

Quote Originally Posted by finny388 View Post
    On Windows at work there is a single orange firefox button that houses the menu tree.
    I don't think that this button is available for Firefox on any Linux DE by default since it was introduced in v4 (I think). No idea if someone has come up with an extension.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    I don't think that this button is available for Firefox on any Linux DE by default since it was introduced in v4 (I think). No idea if someone has come up with an extension.
    It has been available since version 4. You just need to disable the menu bar, like s3a said. I have Xubuntu on my mom's computer and I can confirm that you can indeed activate the Firefox button.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zombifier25 View Post
    It has been available since version 4. You just need to disable the menu bar, like s3a said. I have Xubuntu on my mom's computer and I can confirm that you can indeed activate the Firefox button.
    You're right. Thing is I had removed the button (by editing userChrome.css) and forgotten that I had done so!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Well don't I feel silly.

Thanks everyone, especially s3a.

My word, what a pleasure to be part of the linux community.

Have a great day everyone!