Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free stuff - please don't move this thread

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Free laptop and desktop memory - I pay shipping - U.S. only

I know that normally these things go in the market place, but I'd like this to stay in the beginners forum if at all possible so that those new users coming on and finding they may need a hardware update to run can get them.

Please, only for those in need, not for those just in "want".

1 - 2gb PC3 10600 sodimm for laptop
    1 - 1gb PC3 10600 sodimm for laptop

2 - 2gb OCZ Gold series PC3 10666 dimms for desktop

These are free - but only to the U.S. please.

So, if you are on a very limited income like me, these can be for you. All I need is a PM with your name and address (it will be private - don't post that info in the open forum!).

Please extend a thank you to user lkraemer for getting this all going, and remember: play it forward with anything you have you aren't using. People like me (disability income only) really appreciate it beyond words.
    Last edited by squakie; June 26th, 2013 at 04:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: free stuff - please don't move this thread

I'm gping to bump this up. I really hope someone in need (or someone getting them for someone in need) replies by PM. You don't have to take all - just whatever piece/pieces you may need.

Thank you forums staff for not moving this!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I wish I knew what are those

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

They are memory - the sodimms are for laptops, the dimms are for desktops (to make things simple).

So, anyone needing an update to their memory in their laptop, check to see if it takes PC3 10600 (it would be ddr3 "something"). If so, and if you are in need (not in want), PM me.

Also, anyone needing an update to their memory for their desktop, check to see if it takes PC3 10666 (it would be ddr3 "something"). If so, and if you are in need (not in want), PM me.

So that's what it all is - memory updates for a laptop and memory updates for a desktop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I know it's a couple of hours early, so please forgive me (I plan on going to bed tonight ), but I wanted to bump this up again.

Everyone reading please understand - none of this will cost you anything. I pay the shipping too.

It's been a couple of days now with no replies, so how about if I open this up to anyone - including just those in "want".

So - anyone can grab any of these now - and no cost to you!

I'm a private person - your PM with your address will be deleted right after I get everything written to go to the post office - I have no way, and never intend to, share any of your information.

Beans

it's true about technology, i can not understand it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I love threads like this. Always loved the concept of Pay-it-forward with technology.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Bumping this up.

Does ANYONE (don't worry about being needy or not) want part or all of these?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Anyone? It's free - I even pay shipping! Not just the needy (nobody has claimed any of this so far) - it's open to ANYONE!

Beans

If anyone wonders if squakie is on the level with this, I can tell you he/she is. Squakie sent me a wireless network adapter for free when we figured out my old one was not supported by Ubuntu. We agreed on it late one night and it was mailed the next day. It works perfectly. No strings attached; just a random act of kindness. Here's the thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...6#post12398956

If I were able to use anything faster than DDR1, I'd be all over squakie's memory offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast