Thread: Deleting Account

Beans

Deleting Account

Hi All,

How do I permanently deactivate an account? I want to delete this account since I presently have a second account that is much more active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Deleting Account

I assume you're talking about an account here on the forum. I doubt it will be done because linked to that account are a number of posts that you've made and those will also be deleted in that case or they would become 'orphans'.

But you can contact a moderator and ask; they know better than me

In case you're talking about an user account on your PC, you can use the command userdel.
    If you don't make backups of your important data, your data is obviously not important to you.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm assuming that you're referring to your forum account, and have moved your thread to the resolution centre. A friendly forum admin will come by when they get a chance and take a look at your situation. Please keep in mind that the usual procedure is to disable rather than delete forum accounts.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by elmoosecapitan View Post
    Hi All,

How do I permanently deactivate an account? I want to delete this account since I presently have a second account that is much more active.
    We don't delete accounts, but I have disabled it, and removed all your personal details. Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to view this post.