Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reporting abuse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Reporting abuse

Can a person be given demerits or banned from the forums for speaking freely when reporting abuse?
    Is the report confidential?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Reporting abuse

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help.

The report is confidential and can only seen by staff. A report is still subject to the Code of Conduct. On rare occasions we receive reports which are abusive and contravene the CoC, and they are dealt with in the same way as if the report was in a publicly accessible area of the forum.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Ok, so how far can I go when complaining about Admin who are acting like jerks?

Thread move to Resolution Centre.

I will follow this up shortly.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by C.S.Cameron View Post
    Ok, so how far can I go when complaining about Admin who are acting like jerks?
    The Code of Conduct has information on how to make suggestions or query actions made by the moderation team:

If you believe an error has been made in moderation or other staff actions, please post politely in the Resolution Center and help us understand your perspective.
    Providing you keep within the Code of Conduct you may post any comments.

I would add that refering to the administrator in the thread as a "jerk" is not acceptable and is in itself a violation.

From the Code of Conduct again:

Respect the Forum Staff: We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently.

Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion.

Beans
    Distro

This is of course just a hypothetical question, discussing hypothetically bad, anti Linux behavior.

So to see if I am clear, it is ok to say anything I wish when reporting abuse as long as it does not offend the abuser?

Beans

Posts must be factual, to the point and comply 100% with the Forum Code of Conduct. This section does not give you carte blanche to break the code.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Posts must be factual, to the point and comply 100% with the Forum Code of Conduct. This section does not give you carte blanche to break the code.

Sorry, I am not talking about the resolution center, I am talking about reporting abuse.
    The little button on the bottom left.

Beans

Again this is covered by the Code of conduct and ANYTHING you say on ANY part of ubuntu Forums must comply with the Code of Conduct
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro

How then should one go about reporting perceived abusive behavior by Forum staff?

Or is that strictly off limits?

Again I am speaking hypothetically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast