Thread: My new half life 1 server

Beans

My new half life 1 server

Hi guys i hosted a new half life 1 server i think its sad that one of the best pc games is turning dead. so here it is 50.31.20.241:27015 does not require steam.
    also hosted a unreal tournament 2004 server on 50.31.20.241:7777 but my emphasis will be mainly on half life.
    if any problems with the servers you can reach me on irc server 50.31.20.241 channel taki. hope to see you in game

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: My new half life 1 server

how did you manage to host with no steam? or is that possible only with server?

i tried listen server and we couldn't get it to connect from outside. further reading showed steam might be necessary or hamachi with close IP numbers.

btw i have 2 won numbers (bought a bundle) that i never transfered into steam. so i am interested in making a no steam server to relieve the old CS, DoD, Firearms and Half Life Svencoop
    Last edited by mastablasta; December 11th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    how did you manage to host with no steam? or is that possible only with server?

i tried listen server and we couldn't get it to connect from outside. further reading showed steam might be necessary or hamachi with close IP numbers.

btw i have 2 won numbers (bought a bundle) that i never transfered into steam. so i am interested in making a no steam server to relieve the old CS, DoD, Firearms and Half Life Svencoop
    Yeah, interesting. How did you get this up and running? Have you considered a URL service such as no-ip.com to make an easier to remember IP address (its free)
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

great! i love half life multiplayer. get ready for my snark attacks!

now you need to get a team fortress classic server going which is even more fun.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What version of HL? If it is not 1.0 then where to get patches from? Playable from steam?