Thread: Quick Access to facebook, Twitter, etc?

Beans

Question Quick Access to facebook, Twitter, etc?

Hello! To start off this is my first post, and I am pretty new to Ubuntu!!! Looking forward to getting to know how to use Ubuntu and this forum!

Here is my situation. I just upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 and I opened up my browser (Firefox) and when I go to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (the list goes on) I got this little notification asking me if I wanted to install them to have quicker access and additional features. So I installed it for faceboook.

I see that it's a type of shortcut you can lock onto the Launcher. I don't care much for it and would like to remove that. How do I remove that quick launch feature? It becomes active when I am on facebook now.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Quick Access to facebook, Twitter, etc?

This might help:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/20671...time-i-visit-a

At least I hope it does

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Matty283 View Post
    Hello! To start off this is my first post, and I am pretty new to Ubuntu!!! Looking forward to getting to know how to use Ubuntu and this forum!

Here is my situation. I just upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 and I opened up my browser (Firefox) and when I go to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (the list goes on) I got this little notification asking me if I wanted to install them to have quicker access and additional features. So I installed it for faceboook.

I see that it's a type of shortcut you can lock onto the Launcher. I don't care much for it and would like to remove that. How do I remove that quick launch feature? It becomes active when I am on facebook now.

Thanks!
    It's not just a Launcher shortcut. It integrates with the messaging menu, so everytime you has new messages, etc., Ubuntu itself will notify you.

If you want to remove it completely, follow the above post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by polki@mac.com View Post
    This might help:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/20671...time-i-visit-a

At least I hope it does

This did help, Thank you!

Beans

I did notice it was more than just a short cut, but I decided to still not use it haha. Thanks for the replies