Thread: Continuing mouse cursor problem

Beans

Continuing mouse cursor problem

Running Xubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) with current updates on an AMD 64 machine.

Have searched the forum and discovered that others have this problem but there doesn't appear to be a solution. Approx. every tenth boot or so the mouse cursor is missing when reaching the login. Have to reboot the unit and the cursor reappears as normal for a number of reboots only to disappear again at a later boot. I have probably done three or four kernel and header updates since installing Xubuntu and the problem still remains. I also dual boot with Slacky and do not experience the issue there so I don't believe it is a USB hardware/optical mouse issue but a software glitch within Xubuntu. Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Continuing mouse cursor problem

I had a similar issue, where mouse and keyboard worked before an up grade and not after, but they worked fine if the gui was started from the tty1 with startx.
    Check and see if the gdm and the mouse services are set to start at the same time. if so, make sure the mouse starts sooner.

That is how I had to fix my issue.

Sorry this is 6 months late.
    Wolf Halton - Senior PCI Compliance/Vulnerability Engineer @ Atlanta Cloud Technology
    Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow!
    'This Apt Has Super Cow Powers! -"Have you mooed today?"'

Beans

Re: Continuing mouse cursor problem

Thanks for the tip. Since one of the kernel upgrades the problem resolved so it is no longer an issue. Regards.