Thread: Compiz Desktop Cube rendering error and 3d windows

Beans

Compiz Desktop Cube rendering error and 3d windows

Hey ppls,

so since installing 12.1 ( bare install ) and getting compiz set up, I have a strange rendering glitch with desktop cube when combining with 3d windows. at the edge of each desktop I get a mirror of the windows on the desktop. This is not completely static, it starts being mirrored on what would be the walls if I had inside cube turned on. However rotating the cube will the have the exact same mirror image duplicated on other planes and then randomly switching between them as the cube is rotated. See image for an example . Any help would be awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by splifftor; December 10th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

Beans

Re: Compiz Desktop Cube rendering error and 3d windows

Just in case anyone's still looking at this matter, I'm having a similar issue. Ubuntu 12.10 with 3d desktop cube too. Would anyone out there care to weigh in?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The only thing I notice in the CCSM that may account for a dual image is "Clone Ouput."
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I has the same problem, and solved it by:
    1. open CCSM;
    2. Go to "OpenGL";
    3. Disable Vertex buffer object.

Done.

Framebuffer object also caused some strange things here, disabled it.

WARNING: Ilumination, with is disabled here, turns my screen black when I enable it, I can't see anything. Care with it. Luckly I didn't move the mouse and was able to click again to return things to normal.

Beans

first post here, I've solved all problems since starting to use ubuntu a few months ago by just researching on the internet, unable to find a solution to this one however:

I have had this problem in 12.10 and still in 13.04

disabling the vertex buffer objext created all different graphics problems, any other solutions to this problem?

i also get other rendering faults behind the cube from the 3d windows, looks like the cascading cards when you finish solitaire

i'm using proprietary nvidia-310 drivers on a gt330m card (vaio, vpcf11m1e)

3dwindowserror.jpgdisablevertexbuffer.jpg

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vonkarman View Post
    first post here, I've solved all problems since starting to use ubuntu a few months ago by just researching on the internet, unable to find a solution to this one however:

I have had this problem in 12.10 and still in 13.04

disabling the vertex buffer objext created all different graphics problems, any other solutions to this problem?

i also get other rendering faults behind the cube from the 3d windows, looks like the cascading cards when you finish solitaire

i'm using proprietary nvidia-310 drivers on a gt330m card (vaio, vpcf11m1e)

3dwindowserror.jpgdisablevertexbuffer.jpg
    Did you ever find a way to sort this out? I can't anable 3d windows or cube deformation without things just going insane. It's usable without these, but I used to like having a cylinder with raised windows on

This is an old thread, I would suggest you start a new one.

Closed.