Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zRAM on Ubuntu 13.04 x86/x86_64.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: zRAM on Ubuntu 13.04 x86/x86_64.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by serdotlinecho View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. Phoronix occasionally has some interesting articles, and is often the first to publish breaking news, but the articles get a bit repetitive, and Michael's benchmark/testing methodology leaves a bit to be desired. Some of the graphs portray highly accurate, useless information.

The Phoronix site itself is pretty unbearable without an ad-blocker. Were it not for AdBlock Plus, I wouldn't visit the site at all. So, I'm not surprised at all that Larabel is selling out.
    Linux user since Slackware 3.4

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    I seem to be able to "bull" past the install swap question and install without a swap.
    I just tried installing on my old T500 with a fresh daily image from today. The partitioner still warns me that I haven't configured a swap partition, and asks me if I want to go back to the partitioning menu. If I click "No", it takes me back anyway. If I click "Continue", it proceeds with the install (which didn't happen a few weeks ago when I installed on my T530).

So... still buggy, but at least not as bad as before. Next time I reinstall the T50 (probably in April, with the official release), it'll be with no swap partition

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by pressureman View Post
    I just tried installing on my old T500 with a fresh daily image from today. The partitioner still warns me that I haven't configured a swap partition, and asks me if I want to go back to the partitioning menu. If I click "No", it takes me back anyway. If I click "Continue", it proceeds with the install (which didn't happen a few weeks ago when I installed on my T530).

So... still buggy, but at least not as bad as before. Next time I reinstall the T50 (probably in April, with the official release), it'll be with no swap partition
    What's the matter with just installing w/swap and deleting it afterwards?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    What's the matter with just installing w/swap and deleting it afterwards?
    Nothing, except that it's an unnecessary step as a result of a bug in the installer. The point of a beta testing is to find/classify/fix bugs, is it not?

Besides, if I took your approach, I'd also have to use gparted to extend the remaining partitions on the disk, after deleting the swap partition... or tolerate unused/unpartitioned space on an expensive SSD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12