Thread: No D3D9 without 32bit OpenGL on x64 plot thickens. Mirrors don't have gnome-keyring??

Beans

Exclamation No D3D9 without 32bit OpenGL on x64 plot thickens. Mirrors don't have gnome-keyring??

This thread is an offshoot of another (ongoing) one and the issue has become a more general one of a missing lib package that can't be found online. For the specifics you can see my original thread but what it all boils down to is the info in this thread. I have put a link to the thread with all the details at the bottom of this post but I believe this one has all the info needed to understand the issue.

Short version:

If you are aware of the issues trying to run games in wine that use 32 bit OpenGL with a 64 bit version of Ubuntu then you have probably seen or read about this result in the terminal window:

p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.

The trail of breadcrumbs I followed all day caused me to again go back to this post:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/12784...ring-pkcs11-so

When I get to step 2, which is "sudo getlibs -p gnome-keyring:i386", everything went sideways. I color coded the terminal OP here to make it easy to see what happened:

me@mymachine:~$ sudo getlibs -p gnome-keyring:i386
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    ia32-libs is already the newest version.
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    wine-mono0.0.4 wine-gecko1.7 wine-gecko1.7:i386
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 26 not upgraded.
    The following i386 packages will be installed: gnome-keyring:i386
    Continue [Y/n]? y

Downloading ...
    Failed to download file http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/poo...cise1_i386.deb
    The mirrors do not have the requested file or there is no internet connection
    No packages to install

Le Sigh...

My original thread, with details, is at ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2092956

As always, any constructive help is appreciated.

Beans

Re: No D3D9 without 32bit OpenGL on x64 plot thickens. Mirrors don't have gnome-keyri

This remains unsolved but I found a workaround... I installed 12.04 32 bit in another partition and ran the program off that.