Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu = Frustration Agreed?

Re: Ubuntu = Frustration Agreed?

Moved to Recurring Discussions: More Ubuntu is no good.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by XXYZGuy View Post
    So why do the people who make Ubuntu say it can be installed alongside other OP's when it obviously can't? Ubuntu is junk, right!
    Could it just possibly be that your experience is actually not the norm?

Are you asking for help with this or just ranting?

Beans

When you download any Linux distribution it's for generally intermediate PC Users that are familiar with systems and how they work.

If you have come across errors you should try fix them instead of giving up at the first hurdle.

Post them and we'll try and help you fix them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've installed Ubuntu alongside Windows on several machines without encountering any problems! Are you sure you didn't accidentally check the "erase and use entire hard-drive*" box instead of the one that said "install Ubuntu alongside Windows*?

*probably not the exact words used by the installer...but, you get the idea.
    Last edited by na5h; December 9th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Beans

Ubuntu = Frustration Agreed? Not agreed.

I have done many many "alongside" installs without issue, may you should have done more research and learning before attempting and thus eliminate user error.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Iv'e never had a single issue with dual booting (triple quad ect) anything, let alone dual booting linux with windows, are you sure you have grub correctly installed?

I'm really confused about what you said, "its there or nowhere" you can resize and create new partitions of any size you like.
    Last edited by Jakin; December 9th, 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

My wife has been running both for the past near 7 years without any issue

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu is too much for my old hardware, and I admit I've never dual-booted or installed a Linux distro alongside Windows. I inherited this old computer with Xubuntu already on it. But for about a year previous it's former owner distro-hopped quite a bit and I listened to his wonderful stories and the philosophy he drew from every experience. Ubuntu was the first Linux distro he truly loved, and after adventures in Debian, Slackware, PCLinuxOS, Mepis, and several others, he always felt like Ubuntu and it's siblings was "home." He was a 2-year Linux lover whose experience on this old Dell dinosaur was virtually trouble-free only with Ubuntu-based distros. All the others were troublesome but "good for learning Linux," he used to say. Not so good for technically challenged users like me, so all I can say is, I'm grateful for Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by XXYZGuy View Post
    Ubuntu is junk, right!
    Right

QUITE RIGHT

You've got a bloody right to say it

Me, I don't care anyway

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    Right

QUITE RIGHT

You've got a bloody right to say it

Me, I don't care anyway
    well he's got a right to his opinion, whether people agree with him or not is a different matter... and well it's preferred and only OS I use so... obviously... I disagree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast