Thread: xfce + compiz unminimize window problems

Beans

xfce + compiz unminimize window problems

I've just installed xubuntu 12.10 (actually Voyager 12.10) and it's very nice. Themes are great, it's snappy, and simple. But I notice that xfwm is lacking. It's supposed to be low on system resources, of course, but I want something a bit sharper so I installed compiz.

I'm fairly happy with the results except I cannot understand the bug I'm having.

I click the open program in the "open windows area" on the panel and it minimizes/unminimizes fine.

I click the minimize button on the titlebar and it minimizes, but won't unminimize without having to right click->unminimize. (i.e. I can't just click the open program on the panel to make it re-open)

What can I do? I like compiz with xfce a lot because it improves my video playback as well and really doesn't add much weight to my system.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: xfce + compiz unminimize window problems

TRy use other gtk theme when you use compiz and try unminimize option to see if work.

Make sure that you have installed:
    libdecoration0 & libdecoration0-dev

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

XFCE has some of its own compositing and tweaks under Window Manager Tweaks.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I'm not sure what you mean but I tried different gtk themes from the appearance settings and changed to different window decorations from the dconf-editor and I still have the same problem.

I did not have one of the packages you suggested installed, though I do now and I still have the same trouble.

If it helps I do get this error when I do compiz --replace:
    /home/myname/.gtkrc-2.0:13: error: unexpected character `=', expected character `]'
    compiz (decor) - Warn: No default decoration found, placement will not be correct
    compiz (decor) - Warn: No default decoration found, placement will not be correct

Beans

I think I fixed it. I turned off conky and now it works fine.