Thread: Error loading splash screen - won't boot

Threaded View

Beans

Angry Error loading splash screen - won't boot

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum, but here's my problem. Please I need help.
    I wanted to change my ubuntu 11.10 boot screen, so I downloaded Plymouth Manager. I was exploring the program because I downloaded a theme from gnome-look.org. However, I clicked the Edit button, and changed the part where it said /lib/plymouth/themes/ubuntu-logo, I changed ubuntu-logo for earth-sunrise, because that was the name of the folder, and also changed the next line where I had to write the .script file.
    However, I rebooted and when it was turning off it said something like "failed to load Earth-sunrise.script", then when trying to boot, it appeared the purple screen, then turned black, and nothing. It won't boot. I installed ubuntu with Wubi. I was thinking about accessing the file that I edited from windows, so I could rewrite what was originally there, but I can't find a way to access the file. I tried ext2explore program, but the two white parts in the program are blank.
    Please help!

UPDATE: Ok I got ext2explore to work, now I can see the files in my Ubuntu. I need to know the path of the file that I edited, it was the text displayed when I clicked the Edit button in Plymouth Manager. On the top of that screen, there was a file path, I need to know that, and also I need to know how to edit and save files in there from ext2explore; I can save files from Ubuntu to Windows but not Windows to Ubuntu, I need to know how to, THANKS IN ADVANCE!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by Plex3000; December 9th, 2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Update